Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Haven’t received a tip in two days (30 rides)

Pay 
2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  wontgetfooledagain 
#1 ·
Am I the only one who hasn’t received a single tip in the past couple of days? I have had multiple LAX trips and I have been super nice! I haven’t received a thing!! Is this happening to anyone else?

#5 ·
Just posted about this earlier this week. Saw 2 nights (25-30 rides) over the weekend with no tips which went against my experience the past 3 months. A pax tipped in app in front of me and the tip never showed until contacting support then disappeared 24 hours later. Additionally had at least 1 ride register @ 0.00 payment. When I contacted Uber about both they said "known internal issues" should be rectified in 24-48 hours. The absence of tips is a little surprising for the weekend - still haven't seen a change.

However - this morning first time in over 14 weeks - Direct Deposit isn't there for me and previously it had been deposited @ 3:00am EST every Wednesday morning. Lyft's deposit showed up as expected.

Beginning to think there is an internal issue somewhere that they aren't aware of or are not addressing publicly yet. I have seen a couple more posts like yours on UP this week. Possibly just a string of bad luck w/ tippers and maybe Uber changed the direct deposit for my account but never informed me. Not sure at this point but every issue I have experienced the past 5 days revolves around payments.

That being said, think I'll try the cash tip approach suggested.

#6 ·
Wow! If this is an internal issue they need to find out/fix ASAP! And you’re exactly right! We don’t know if ppl really aren’t tipping, or it’s Uber. I may test it out by giving my PAX a dollar and asking them to tip a dollar just to see if it shows up. So that I have actual proof in case anything is actually wrong.

#14 ·
This happens ALL the time for me, I also have random dry spells with no tips after receiving at least something every work day for the previous month. Perhaps Uber needs to get in the black sooner than later and our millions in tips looks like "Jimmy Kimmel told me to take your tips" night!

#11 ·
Am I the only one who hasn't received a single tip in the past couple of days? I have had multiple LAX trips and I have been super nice! I haven't received a thing!! Is this happening to anyone else?
Same here, we have to acknowledge the real possibility that we are being robbed, plain and simple.
The FBI has a tip line.
The more tips they get the better our chances of receiving
ours.
They have my info, everyone give them yours.

#15 ·
I posted this but am copying here because it might be relevant. Sorry if I’m breaking a rule:

This happened Wednesday 6/27/18.

I just got an Uber ride in Houston. When I went to rate and tip the driver the in-app tip option was missing! I used the “thank-you note” functionality to tell the driver about the problem and suggested he uninstall/reinstall the App or go to the Greenlight hub for help.

I’m a 2000+ ride driver and very frequent passenger. I know both the driver and passenger apps very well so user error is not a possibility. I’m putting this out there because I doubt this guy is the only driver out there with the issue. If you’re not getting any in-app tips you may be in the sameboat.

#20 ·
Please stop. Pax start expecting free stuff during an already almost-free ride.

With all due respect, it would be much appreciated if you'd stop setting unrealistic expectations when pax are already getting a great deal on their transportation.
I gotta disagree. If he gets more tips and the tips well offset the cost for whatever extras he provides, he should keep doing it. If we are saturated with drivers and tipping is rare, you have to stand out. If he gets the same amount in tips without providing it, yes he should stop. He shouldn't stop just because other drivers don't want to compete with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.