Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Me trying to weasel my way out of pool lol. The last one bonus points for you if you know the movie, one of my favorites by the way, the I copped the quote from and modified it to work in my message to Shane. The only Shane in India probably, but I digress :D

Dirbag Surfer
May 5, 18:46

Hello Uber,

The new UberPool rates are too low to make it profitable for me as a partner and independent contractor to accept pool rides. The combined rides of multiple passengers on an UberPool ride take significantly more time than an UberX fare at a very, very, low per minute rate with near zero additional miles. This ends up making me actually lose money when I accept a matched UberPool assignment.

I will still do UberX for the time being although the current rate is absurdly low. However the pay that Uber offers for uberpool rides plus the added time it takes to pick up matched riders is not sustainable for me as a partner. I need to earn income, not lose and I only lose on UberPool rides.

Please opt me out of UberPool as soon as possible.

If regular fares are raised to where both UberX and Uberpool are profitable, then I will reconsider my position.

Uber On!

Shane
(Uber)

May 6, 23:12

Hi Dirtbag Surfer,

Thank you for writing in! On average partners are making 10-15% more in gross fares since uberPOOL launched.

UberPOOL has benefited partners since it was launched, by keeping partners busier every time they log on. With UberPOOL, partners get paid during trips AND on the way to picking up passengers. This means partners spend more time making money while driving. With UberPOOL, you're picking up multiple riders and being paid along the way. You collect a fare from the first pickup through the final drop off, eliminating the unpaid period spent waiting for another request and traveling to another pickup location.

In addition, we're seeing huge demand from riders for uberPOOL, and this makes partners busier every time they log on. Right now, all partners are being extended the opportunity to accept uberPOOL requests.

We appreciate your patience with the launch of this new product. We're always trying to improve our uberPOOL product, and especially value this kind of feedback from our partners. I've passed your comments along to our uberPOOL team.

For more info on uberPOOL Partner Conduct Guidelines, click here!

In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Best,

Shane
help.uber.com

My reply to Shane and my he really did pick a long UberScript to send me on his first reply!

Dirtbag Surfer

Hi Shane. Why am I calling you by your first name? I don't even know you. I still call my boss "Mister", and I've been working for him for seven years, but all of a sudden I message Uber and I'm calling you Shane like we're in some kind of AA meeting... I don't want to be your buddy, Shane. I just want to opt out of UberPool asap.

As you stated and quite eloquently I may add Shane, on average Uber driver's gross 10% more on pool. This is first of all, on average. That means that are an equal amount above and below. However, I would fall into the category of making far less than 10% on UberPool rides once expenses are figured in. In fact, driving UberPool puts me in the negative once my overhead has been taken into account. This is not acceptable for me as an independent contractor to be losing money while driving for Uber.

As a valued partner and independent contractor, I would like to opt out of pool at the very soonest possible time. I have spoken to my attorney and she believes that I am well within my rights as an independent contractor to opt out of certain Uber services, specifically UberPool which is causing me to have a negative net income. UberPool rides cost me more money than I make when I pick up these fares in every single instance where there are multiple riders, pick-ups and drop offs.

The first fare is fine but again, the second and any additional riders I am running at a loss due to the time involved and low miles on surface streets to pick them up and drop them off. It is simply not financially sustainable for me as an independent contractor and partner to Uber. Perhaps someday when the rates are raised back to reasonable levels, then I will reconsider my decision and contact you then.

Thanks for your help and I am anxiously awaiting your reply. In the meantime, once again I am asking that you please opt me out of UberPool.

UBER ON SHANE!

·
Registered
342 Posts
^^^^^

Nice!!!!!!

It's almost like old times out here.
Hell yes! It was rock and rolling and RED all night long pretty much. This allowed me to mostly avoid core areas and hover on the outer edges of them which to me gets you better rides as you are picking up from houses and apts rather than bars. Hell, most of em were hammered but they just weren't incorrigible entitled shitheads like your avg Puke Beach or Gaglamp crowd. Nice group of bros, told em no to the liquor store stop, they said we'll give you five bucks. Head to liquor store! When I dropped them off, one of the guys gave me another ten spot. Good deal!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow, an almost immediate response! Still no word on opting out...I will send another message just to try to see if this works. Oh and Jennifer went a little Trump on me - wonderful, amazing, awesome lol! Ok so I exaggerate a bit, but it is kind of funny! :D

Hi Dirtbag Surfer,

Thanks for writing in. Jennifer here, stepping in for a colleague.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the extra step that you took to reach us and for the trouble that you had experienced. We totally appreciate your understanding with your concern and I appreciate your steadiness expertise in handling this kind of situation. We are happy that we have a partner like you who handle challenging experiences like this in the most efficient and professional way.

Right now, all partners are being extended the opportunity to accept uberPOOL requests. Please feel free to let us know what would make the experience better for both riders and drivers - we are always working to improve the app.

Let me not miss the moment to appreciate you, I have reviewed your account and found that you're doing a wonderful job in terms of your overall rating of 4.86. We greatly value your association with Uber and your overall rating clearly shows that you have been taking amazing care of our driver partners. Uber is honored to have partners like you. You're not only a partner but a family to Uber.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Jennifer

Me trying to weasel my way out of pool lol. The last one bonus points for you if you know the movie, one of my favorites by the way, the I copped the quote from and modified it to work in my message to Shane. The only Shane in India probably, but I digress :D

Dirbag Surfer
May 5, 18:46

Hello Uber,

The new UberPool rates are too low to make it profitable for me as a partner and independent contractor to accept pool rides. The combined rides of multiple passengers on an UberPool ride take significantly more time than an UberX fare at a very, very, low per minute rate with near zero additional miles. This ends up making me actually lose money when I accept a matched UberPool assignment.

I will still do UberX for the time being although the current rate is absurdly low. However the pay that Uber offers for uberpool rides plus the added time it takes to pick up matched riders is not sustainable for me as a partner. I need to earn income, not lose and I only lose on UberPool rides.

Please opt me out of UberPool as soon as possible.

If regular fares are raised to where both UberX and Uberpool are profitable, then I will reconsider my position.

Uber On!

Shane
(Uber)

May 6, 23:12

Hi Dirtbag Surfer,

Thank you for writing in! On average partners are making 10-15% more in gross fares since uberPOOL launched.

UberPOOL has benefited partners since it was launched, by keeping partners busier every time they log on. With UberPOOL, partners get paid during trips AND on the way to picking up passengers. This means partners spend more time making money while driving. With UberPOOL, you're picking up multiple riders and being paid along the way. You collect a fare from the first pickup through the final drop off, eliminating the unpaid period spent waiting for another request and traveling to another pickup location.

In addition, we're seeing huge demand from riders for uberPOOL, and this makes partners busier every time they log on. Right now, all partners are being extended the opportunity to accept uberPOOL requests.

We appreciate your patience with the launch of this new product. We're always trying to improve our uberPOOL product, and especially value this kind of feedback from our partners. I've passed your comments along to our uberPOOL team.

In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Best,

Shane
help.uber.com

My reply to Shane and my he really did pick a long UberScript to send me on his first reply!

Dirtbag Surfer

Hi Shane. Why am I calling you by your first name? I don't even know you. I still call my boss "Mister", and I've been working for him for seven years, but all of a sudden I message Uber and I'm calling you Shane like we're in some kind of AA meeting... I don't want to be your buddy, Shane. I just want to opt out of UberPool asap.

As you stated and quite eloquently I may add Shane, on average Uber driver's gross 10% more on pool. This is first of all, on average. That means that are an equal amount above and below. However, I would fall into the category of making far less than 10% on UberPool rides once expenses are figured in. In fact, driving UberPool puts me in the negative once my overhead has been taken into account. This is not acceptable for me as an independent contractor to be losing money while driving for Uber.

As a valued partner and independent contractor, I would like to opt out of pool at the very soonest possible time. I have spoken to my attorney and she believes that I am well within my rights as an independent contractor to opt out of certain Uber services, specifically UberPool which is causing me to have a negative net income. UberPool rides cost me more money than I make when I pick up these fares in every single instance where there are multiple riders, pick-ups and drop offs.

The first fare is fine but again, the second and any additional riders I am running at a loss due to the time involved and low miles on surface streets to pick them up and drop them off. It is simply not financially sustainable for me as an independent contractor and partner to Uber. Perhaps someday when the rates are raised back to reasonable levels, then I will reconsider my decision and contact you then.

Thanks for your help and I am anxiously awaiting your reply. In the meantime, once again I am asking that you please opt me out of UberPool.

UBER ON SHANE!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hell yes! It was rock and rolling and RED all night long pretty much. This allowed me to mostly avoid core areas and hover on the outer edges of them which to me gets you better rides as you are picking up from houses and apts rather than bars. Hell, most of em were hammered but they just weren't incorrigible entitled shitheads like your avg Puke Beach or Gaglamp crowd. Nice group of bros, told em no to the liquor store stop, they said we'll give you five bucks. Head to liquor store! When I dropped them off, one of the guys gave me another ten spot. Good deal!!
Good method man. It's all about time and place to grab those early surges

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
:cool:

Nice work man! I did a modest $150 in 3hrs plus 3hrs in Lyft guarantees.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
If you pick up the pool with out match and is on surge you will get paid the flats pool rate plus the surge. ( flat rate is .95 mile.plus .13 min base on the gps time . If you have traffic or road closures take longer time to finish the trips they don't paid you for more time ) They don't paid you the X rate . The best way is accept and canceled it . or only accept pool with 2x and up . This is the only way force uber to surge. Uber surge are control by software not human

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
From what I understand if you pick up pool and it is surging you get the full X surge fare if your rider doesn't get matched? I think that is how it is supposed to work, not sure how that works if you decline the second pick up?

If so, pool on surge decline second rider. Rinse. Repeat! :)
Nope :(
Poop is 0,93 c mile and 0.13 c min
X is $1.1 and 0.15 it's not much but it's not same driving 1-2 people or 4 at all the time
Gas mileage , engine , transmission , suspension , tires ...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.