Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a hilarious Uber driver driving around Sydney in a hotted up Camry. It's funny because he thinks it looks good but it in reality it probably causes extreme embarrassment for his passengers.

The car is covered in large custom made magnetic signs. I assume Uber's logo was used without permission because it's slightly distorted out of shape and the signs look a bit 'homemade' to put it nicely.

The car has a not-so-discrete strip of colourful LED lights all around the exterior. He lights them up when he arrives for a pick up and dims then after driving off. It looks like a DIY installation with some bits hanging down loose.

Good on him for trying though! Both times I saw the car it made me cringe and laugh at the same time (BTW no offence intended if I am taking about your car!).

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think I saw him / her tonight coming out of the William st tunnel heading towards Double Pay.
Unfortunately I couldn't get close enough to take photo . . . . . . I am just wondering if it was the Ghost from the Wakehurst parkway driving . . . . . .

·
Registered
380 Posts
There's a hilarious Uber driver driving around Sydney in a hotted up Camry. It's funny because he thinks it looks good but it in reality it probably causes extreme embarrassment for his passengers.

The car is covered in large custom made magnetic signs. I assume Uber's logo was used without permission because it's slightly distorted out of shape and the signs look a bit 'homemade' to put it nicely.

The car has a not-so-discrete strip of colourful LED lights all around the exterior. He lights them up when he arrives for a pick up and dims then after driving off. It looks like a DIY installation with some bits hanging down loose.

Good on him for trying though! Both times I saw the car it made me cringe and laugh at the same time (BTW no offence intended if I am taking about your car!).
Grow up, or you will start to see blue lights flashing...

·
Registered
361 Posts
There is also an SUV Hyundai. With flashing lights on the front website and both side mirrors. Number plates UBERXL. It looked so embarrassing. And I will not want to be picked up in that thing. Some people just try way to hard.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I cant see the sense in advertising you drive for Uber. Quickest way to draw attention to yourself from cabbies & authorities. I'll stay below the radar thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cant see the sense in advertising you drive for Uber. Quickest way to draw attention to yourself from cabbies & authorities. I'll stay below the radar thanks.
Same. That's one of the main appeals of Uber for me. Having signage would make touting for cash fares easier as it instantly establishes that you're cab. But it also increases the chance you'll get someone who is pretending to be your passenger for a free ride.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Same. That's one of the main appeals of Uber for me. Having signage would make touting for cash fares easier as it instantly establishes that you're cab. But it also increases the chance you'll get someone who is pretending to be your passenger for a free ride.
If you are so in love with cabs, then why don't you simply drive a cab?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts