Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I picked up this guy tonight in a residential area. He get's in (up front) and hands me a $20 bill. He's like here is a pre-tip .. I'm like, sweet thanks dude.

He's not totally smashed but he's obviously been drinking. He says "My friends are downtown orlando but Im not sure where they are" So we head downtown... We get to some address he had me punch in which ends up being a closed pharmacy on the rougher edge of downtown.. I'm like, "Do you want to call you friends?" He's says "Nah this will work." So he gets out and I take off.. I bet anything he immediately requests another ride because where I dropped him off had nothing going on and it was HOOD!

Along the way he asks If I want to stop somewhere and have a beer.. I delcine.. few miles later he asks if I smoke weed.. he's like we can go by my guys place and get some.. I decline..

It was pretty obvious to me that he had drank a few and was looking to do something and using uber as a way to break the boredom and perhaps his loneliness.. Right?

Well.. 12 miles on select with 2.4 surge on top of $20 tip.. not bad. I am still wondering what the hell he did after he got out of my car.

edit: i meant to post this in stories. whoops

P.s the funny thing about this is, he was my last fare of the night.. and earlier in the night was my first... picked up some dude at a pool hall and along the way to his house we got to talking about music.. hes like you want to listen to some new lamb of god at my house? I'll let you keep the meter running.. I declined that .. $4 fare tipped me $10

Some lonely dudes

·
Registered
10 Posts
One guy requested that I just drive on the freeway with the windows down and play loud jazz music. I was like, any particular destination in mind? He's like just drive for like 15 minutes and then take me back home. He didn't talk. I was happy to oblige.
Now a surge would make it that much better

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One guy requested that I just drive on the freeway with the windows down and play loud jazz music. I was like, any particular destination in mind? He's like just drive for like 15 minutes and then take me back home. He didn't talk. I was happy to oblige.
On one hand I "get it" on the other, creepy... and jazz lol. That's cool though. I guess some people just want to get out of the house for a few.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok so I picked up this guy tonight in a residential area. He get's in (up front) and hands me a $20 bill. He's like here is a pre-tip .. I'm like, sweet thanks dude.

He's not totally smashed but he's obviously been drinking. He says "My friends are downtown orlando but Im not sure where they are" So we head downtown... We get to some address he had me punch in which ends up being a closed pharmacy on the rougher edge of downtown.. I'm like, "Do you want to call you friends?" He's says "Nah this will work." So he gets out and I take off.. I bet anything he immediately requests another ride because where I dropped him off had nothing going on and it was HOOD!

Along the way he asks If I want to stop somewhere and have a beer.. I delcine.. few miles later he asks if I smoke weed.. he's like we can go by my guys place and get some.. I decline..

It was pretty obvious to me that he had drank a few and was looking to do something and using uber as a way to break the boredom and perhaps his loneliness.. Right?

Well.. 12 miles on select with 2.4 surge on top of $20 tip.. not bad. I am still wondering what the hell he did after he got out of my car.

P.s the funny thing about this is, he was my last fare of the night.. and earlier in the night was my first... picked up some dude at a pool hall and along the way to his house we got to talking about music.. hes like you want to listen to some new lamb of god at my house? I'll let you keep the meter running.. I declined that .. $4 fare tipped me $10

Some lonely dudes

·
Registered
134 Posts
Def a few interesting people. IDK I'm kinda lonely myself. That's why I do this job, to get out of the house plus make money :)

·
Registered
19 Posts

Some lonely dudes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts