Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since May up to earlier today I could look at any fare in the app, pull up "Trip Details"", then click on "Fare Details" to see the breakdown of my fare, how much the rider paid, how much Uber raked in, etc.

I just opened the app to go over earnings, etc., from this afternoon, and either I've finally gone insane, or Uber has returned to their old format! I can't find the "Trip Details" and the breakdown of what the rider paid and Uber's take are not accessible now.

Hopefully, others have seen this too! If I'm the only one seeing this... well, we know what THAT means.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still see the new
I receive
Rider pays
Uber receives

Did you try deleting and reinstalling the app?
Tried uninstalling/reinstalling. That didn't change it. Seems the app is stuck in a time-warp back to pre-May '17.

Then I read UberDude2's post AND then I checked my boyfriend's driver's app. So far, that makes 3 of us who are no longer receiving the wonderfully-enlightening Uber "transparency" payout info.

WTH?

So, I sent Support a message a couple of hours ago and am still waiting with anticipation for their canned response that probably won't even pertain to this issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turn off your phone and remove the battery and wait like 5 minutes and try it again. It could be your phone.
Thank you for the advice. I think its
Go to website uberpartner.com it's in there
Thank you! Looked under Payment Statements and all the info is posted there. It's a lot easier to pull it up on the app, so who knows the logic behind moving to the website. Auugh!

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
I'm blonde BUT it looks to me as if they've decided against making it so easy to check for full transparency on a trip with the new update. Maybe they were getting too many complaints from drivers that Uber was taking too much money from the fare. That's my take on it. Good to know you can still see it on uberpartner.com. That takes more effort though. Interesting...

·
Premium Member
70,429 Posts
Ever since May up to earlier today I could look at any fare in the app, pull up "Trip Details"", then click on "Fare Details" to see the breakdown of my fare, how much the rider paid, how much Uber raked in, etc.

I just opened the app to go over earnings, etc., from this afternoon, and either I've finally gone insane, or Uber has returned to their old format! I can't find the "Trip Details" and the breakdown of what the rider paid and Uber's take are not accessible now.

Hopefully, others have seen this too! If I'm the only one seeing this... well, we know what THAT means.
Losing your mind is not as bad as people think.

Its when your mind finds its way back home, that the trouble begins.

I'm blonde BUT it looks to me as if they've decided against making it so easy to check for full transparency on a trip with the new update. Maybe they were getting too many complaints from drivers that Uber was taking too much money from the fare. That's my take on it. Good to know you can still see it on uberpartner.com. That takes more effort though. Interesting...
Looks like you have black ink hair.
And NO HANDS !

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Losing your mind is not as bad as people think.

Its when your mind finds its way back home, that the trouble begins.

Looks like you have black ink hair.
And NO HANDS !
I've already discussed those are bandages from gripping the steering wheel too tight :rolleyes:
Edit... Since I keep getting a load of crap on my hands I'll be changing my profile pic later today hahaha   :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Uber yesterday made the fare details harder to access through the app. The reason why was because drivers and passengers were sharing and complaining about how much they made right after the ride ended to the totaled cost of the fare. A lot of complaints of the huge price different the drivers got and what the price of the ride was echoing all over the internet (message boards, forums, Facebook, and etc...).

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Tried uninstalling/reinstalling. That didn't change it. Seems the app is stuck in a time-warp back to pre-May '17.

Then I read UberDude2's post AND then I checked my boyfriend's driver's app. So far, that makes 3 of us who are no longer receiving the wonderfully-enlightening Uber "transparency" payout info.

WTH?

So, I sent Support a message a couple of hours ago and am still waiting with anticipation for their canned response that probably won't even pertain to this issue.
Just checked this morning. I can still access the info through the app.
Weekly summary-> daily summary

Uber yesterday made the fare details harder to access through the app. The reason why was because drivers and passengers were sharing and complaining about how much they made right after the ride ended to the totaled cost of the fare. A lot of complaints of the huge price different the drivers got and what the price of the ride was echoing all over the internet (message boards, forums, Facebook, and etc...).
I'm doing my best to inform the riding public as well that Uber and Lyft gave themselves big fat raises and in exchange we got pennies more per mile to cover the driver injury protection insurance and in app tipping. In my experience in app tipping has resulted in a better the 50% drop in tips overall. Some riders are pissed about having to pay so much more and I think many believe we are getting more so don't tip now. I'm wondering what drivers or riders group may have a class action in play over this issue. Frankly I'm surprised we haven't seen some drivers acting out some vigilante justice directed at these companies. Kind of like Lyft drivers rental car has run in with rental company building sort of thing.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Just checked this morning. I can still access the info through the app.
Weekly summary-> daily summary

I'm doing my best to inform the riding public as well that Uber and Lyft gave themselves big fat raises and in exchange we got pennies more per mile to cover the driver injury protection insurance and in app tipping. In my experience in app tipping has resulted in a better the 50% drop in tips overall. Some riders are pissed about having to pay so much more and I think many believe we are getting more so don't tip now. I'm wondering what drivers or riders group may have a class action in play over this issue. Frankly I'm surprised we haven't seen some drivers acting out some vigilante justice directed at these companies. Kind of like Lyft drivers rental car has run in with rental company building sort of thing.
I still can't see that info through my app.
You make a good point. Passengers aren't happy about paying much more. Minimum fare rides have doubled in price yet we still get paid for time and mileage. Meanwhile, the PAX thinks we're getting paid more. That's some serious BS!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I still can't see that info through my app.
You make a good point. Passengers aren't happy about paying much more. Minimum fare rides have doubled in price yet we still get paid for time and mileage. Meanwhile, the PAX thinks we're getting paid more. That's some serious BS!
Riders are paying surge prices too while we get base. Tell me, haven't you noticed how many damn riders are at many pick up spots waiting for a ride? When I get pulled 8 minutes out and arrive to see so many pax and I'm not getting surge it's pretty clear what is happening. Then you hear about drivers at the same time not getting pings. WTF? I'm looking at 25 pings right in front of me! It makes me wonder if Uber is rotating a certain % of drivers in to a no ping zone for a time so they can excuse their inflated prices. Driver shortage right?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Riders are paying surge prices too while we get base. Tell me, haven't you noticed how many damn riders are at many pick up spots waiting for a ride? When I get pulled 8 minutes out and arrive to see so many pax and I'm not getting surge it's pretty clear what is happening. Then you hear about drivers at the same time not getting pings. WTF? I'm looking at 25 pings right in front of me! It makes me wonder if Uber is rotating a certain % of drivers in to a no ping zone for a time so they can excuse their inflated prices. Driver shortage right?
I complain to support anytime this happens. Always a stock answer, you get paid time and mileage. Blah blah. I'lol join a class action but I still drive since the money is still consistent even with their thievery. But I am really starting to hate Uber. Lyft is still on my good side. Just need a Plus only feature

·
Registered
283 Posts
Passengers aren't happy about paying much more.
I don't know about anyone else, but I've experienced a significant drop in Select rides since they started with the inflated prices. A fare from my end of town to the Strip used to run the pax around $55-$65. These are from nice ZIPs in Anthem and surrounding area. Makes me wonder if the prices got jacked enough to give pause to enough pax to tilt the demand curve away from what I would usually pick up. Haven't had an example ride in over a month to even look at to compare. Of course it coincides with a generally slower period too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hey everybody! Support responded to my question! I just can't believe that not one thing in their 3-paragraph response even came close to addressing my questions! Imagine that!! I'm really starting to think that they just don't care! There is a glimmer of hope though: this was a canned response I've never seen before. They must care a little, right?

Ok... NEWS FLASH: the "Trip Details" and "Fare Details" are back on MY app
now, just like it was before, but they're NOT back on my boyfriend's phone app.

And, when I opened the Earnings (?) window there was an announcement from Uber that said something like "now there's a 'new' way to view your earnings, with more features or details than before...." (I'm paraphrasing). (I clicked on a fare before reading it thinking I'd read it later, but I can't find it.) What an odd announcement since it's the same format that's been on the app since May. And here I was expecting to see something new. Lol.

The ways this company conducts business is like nothing I've ever seen before... like nothing most people have ever seen before. One thing they really excel at is eroding their drivers' trust without a care in the world. Now their riders are starting to lose trust because now it's THEIR money that's being played with as Uber now determines how much to charge for rides based on what they (Uber) can get away with charging.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.