Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed Lyft actually have this "Lyft Preferred ride" option for passengers. Just like Uber comfort. You pay more for more leg room.

But as I as driver... I never get request as "Preferred ride" is no one use it or Lyft simply don't pay driver for that extra money they charge on pax?

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
First, you need a car that qualifies. Are you sure your's does? Second, you have to be at least Gold status in their Rewards program to be able to give Preferred rides.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, you need a car that qualifies. Are you sure your's does? Second, you have to be at least Gold status in their Rewards program to be able to give Preferred rides.
I know my car is...And 5Stars

I dunno about the GOLD status part...maybe that's why. My Ride score is only 47% because Lyft claim I cancel too much rides lol

·
25,510 Posts
I have received a few of these. You get a few dollars extra. .............no big deal................

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Second, you have to be at least Gold status in their Rewards program to be able to give Preferred rides.
False. I was getting "Preferred" rides as Silver.

Are these customers more likely to tip?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no.

In fact, these rides are arguably worse than average. Passengers are more demanding because "Oh I'm special, I ordered the fancy class of ride".

But as I as driver... I never get request as "Preferred ride" is no one use it or Lyft simply don't pay driver for that extra money they charge on pax?
They do nick you out if you've had a clenliness complaint in the last... is it 20 or 50 rides? So make sure to fart with a passenger in the car every so often, you'll get rid of these rides.

·
25,510 Posts
In fact, these rides are arguably worse than average. Passengers are more demanding because "Oh I'm special, I ordered the fancy class of ride".
Funny...............I actually expected that, but have yet to run across it. They seem to want only a clean car and that you can get them to Point B in a reasonably efficient manner. I have, on occasion seen "_ has the following requests" (or was "special" modifying "request"? I forget, now). I saw things such as "silence" or A/C, but nothing extraordinary. If I saw silence, after I verified the destination, I used to say "and now I shut up."

In this market, it is no more than two dirty car complaints in the last six months.

False. I guess different cities have different requirements. In my city, you need to at least Gold. RESOLVED.

Some of these things tend to vary by market on both platforms. You should see how Uber Taxi varies by market.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
False. I guess different cities have different requirements. In my city, you need to at least Gold. RESOLVED.
I mean, they advertise it as requiring Gold here, but like I said, I was getting it in Silver.

I saw things such as "silence" or A/C, but nothing extraordinary. If I saw silence, after I verified the destination, I used to say "and now I shut up."
There's also an option for bags, which is, imo, extraordinary.

·
25,510 Posts
There's also an option for bags, which is, imo, extraordinary.
I am assuming that this means that they expect help with their suitcases. Of course, there is ZERO tip, but I am guessing that the customer thinks that since he is paying a premium, he gets that without having to tip.

Most of these "preferred" bonuses are piddly, which means the Point A to Point B is not worth the payoff, but the customer does not care if you make a profit or not.........................just like Lyft and Uber.............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts