Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
It's the same thing with any other major event. It is the roll of the dice. You could get a .8 down the street or a 12 mile, trip.
That's his point it shouldn't be a dice roll. You can bet Uber puffs up the charge for Braves pickups but often the driver makes 3.75 or slightly more for all the effort. Many many pax are telling me they park free and get a cheap ride from park nearby. These same pax are paying 12 bucks for beers they will not stop taking Uber with a higher driver minimum in that zone.

As for me I avoid Braves pickups and all events because it is high risk and small chance of reward.

·
Registered
703 Posts
That's his point it shouldn't be a dice roll. You can bet Uber puffs up the charge for Braves pickups but often the driver makes 3.75 or slightly more for all the effort. Many many pax are telling me they park free and get a cheap ride from park nearby. These same pax are paying 12 bucks for beers they will not stop taking Uber with a higher driver minimum in that zone.

As for me I avoid Braves pickups and all events because it is high risk and small chance of reward.
I wasn't disagreeing with him. I should have said that. Where I was going with that, is that it is a roll of the dice anytime you pickup, so weigh the risk/reward ahead of time.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wasn't disagreeing with him. I should have said that. Where I was going with that, is that it is a roll of the dice anytime you pickup, so weigh the risk/reward ahead of time.
That's so true. And why big events aren't worth it. You get one ride, one shot at it. Even a good one isn't worth the hassle of driving in the mess, waiting, looking for pax talking them to where you are, driving off in the mess, police everywhere yelling, bad drivers pulling out everywhere, etc.

I'm surprised Uber gets enough drivers to do it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
That's so true. And why big events aren't worth it. You get one ride, one shot at it. Even a good one isn't worth the hassle of driving in the mess, waiting, looking for pax talking them to where you are, driving off in the mess, police everywhere yelling, bad drivers pulling out everywhere, etc.

You can still come out ahead, on these trips but it is torture to sit there with a passenger in traffic just trying to get out of the area.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts

The promise of surge or boost.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah it's fools gold. Like waiting at the airport.

Best thing I learned is keep the car moving and taking requests. Waiting for a event to end then hoping it's a good surge (changes constantly) then hoping it's a long ride is way too many risks.
Agreed. I will say though getting a drop off to Suntrust or the Battery game days when you have a quest is sweet as hell. You can clear 5-6 before game time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts