Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a “service dog” scratch their leather seat?

Will Uber do anything as I am about to submit a case

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol service dogs are highly trained to sit at the bottom of the seats where the mats are .. this is not a service dog doing
This "service dog" was sitting on the mat however kept raising his front paws up into the front seat that was pushed all the way forward.

Question remains anyone have any experience dealing with Uber on this type of issue

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Uber never pays cleaning fees arising from pax's Service dogs , I'm assuming it's No payment if he mentions the magic words in this case as well.
Yeah I would just say the owner did it not the dog. I didn't know they took those service animals cleaning fees away.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to update on this so when this happens to someone else.

I submitted a case to support and they did NOTHING at all with regards to a pet damaging my leather seats with his nails.

Be aware that riders with pets can mess up your car with no recourse

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a service dog even though didn’t behave like one. Ie sit on the mat in the back floor plus the owner declined my small blanket

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
As a service dog even though didn't behave like one. Ie sit on the mat in the back floor plus the owner declined my small blanket
If the damage is serious Uber would have to cover it without charging the rider, they should be able to do that otherwise you would have to may be try a claim through their insurance with the 1k deductible.

Do you have a picture of the damage ?

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the damage is serious Uber would have to cover it without charging the rider, they should be able to do that otherwise you would have to may be try a claim through their insurance with the 1k deductible.

Do you have a picture of the damage ?
Yes I have a picture of the damage. It's about a 4 -5 inch scratch and it's deep.
I got 3 quotes to repair it. One was $75 however they told me that they wouldn't guarantee that would fix it. The other 2 quotes where a lot higher (350 and 375)
You said pretty much what Uber said, either use their or my own insurance or my own, problem is that it is less then the deductible.

Which goes back to my point which is Uber is not holding the rider responsible for the damage to my car

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Perhaps the rider had a sharp object in their back pocket that scratched the seat?
The problem came from mentioning the service dog in reporting the damage, if Uber charges the rider who for all they know is blind it will end up on the evening news .

He just needs to pressure them so he can get to someone who has access to spending power like a supervisor, may be send a repair quote .

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
As a service dog even though didn't behave like one. Ie sit on the mat in the back floor plus the owner declined my small blanket
I tell people what they can and can't do in MY car bro! If they say no, then they're disrespecting your car. Kick them out and report it to uber before the rider makes up a story. I make people with dogs sito in front with they dog on the floor unless they're in one of those dog transporter things. They've always respected my wishes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts