Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking into getting this Uber light for my windshield. It seems like a good to have thing especially during night shifts. I saw it on ebay but it was pretty expensive. I also fount this website: UberLight but I'm not sure how legit they are... Has anyone used the Uber glow light and if so what are yourfeedback? Thanks in advance.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have both the glow Uber and glow Lyft light. My pax comment on them all the time and say it helps them to find me, especially in inclement weather. I only use them during the night shift and I have the dual remote control that plugs into the cigarette lighter (better than the batteries they came with). The Uber/Lyft lights cost me about $7 on ebay and $29 for the remote control set up on Amazon. I would recommend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys! I went to get it from GlowDigi but they are sold out...lol I guess I will pick mine up from ebay. Any other things you guys use that passengers like?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one also and only spent like 30 bucks on it, I also added blue led lights inside this also helps with dash cam. The passengers love it and I think it is nice. Working at night it is hard for you to stand out. This I felt helped.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
You can't use those in California. Uber pulled them from drivers because it's illegal to have a blue or red light on your vehicle.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have both the glow Uber and glow Lyft light. My pax comment on them all the time and say it helps them to find me, especially in inclement weather. I only use them during the night shift and I have the dual remote control that plugs into the cigarette lighter (better than the batteries they came with). The Uber/Lyft lights cost me about $7 on ebay and $29 for the remote control set up on Amazon. I would recommend.
SInce you're not using the uber glow light anymore can you give it to me? :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can't use those in California. Uber pulled them from drivers because it's illegal to have a blue or red light on your vehicle.
California resident also, so a white strobe light is ok? I read somewhere there should be no light visible near the front of the car

·
Registered
65 Posts
t
So I have been looking into getting this Uber light for my windshield. It seems like a good to have thing especially during night shifts. I saw it on ebay but it was pretty expensive. I also fount this website: UberLight but I'm not sure how legit they are... Has anyone used the Uber glow light and if so what are yourfeedback? Thanks in advance. View attachment 38031
this thing is awe some

·
Registered
4,682 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the blue and the pink light for lyft. I don't strobe it (it's an option) and I do live in CA. Cops have seen me and not pulled me over. In fact last weekend two cops nodded to me (our cops are very friendly to Uber/Lyft drivers in my area). So either my lights pass or they ignore it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Under no circumstances should you display any trade dress on your car. I never have and I never will. I prefer not to make a target of myself. Furthermore, the paxs don't need to see that crap on your car because they already have a pic of your car.

·
Registered
995 Posts
In some places, like CA, you must show trade dress. It's a $1000 fine in CA. I'm not sure about other places, but I know CA is not the only place where it's legally required.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
With your shiny Uber trade dress, you'll gain access to all those "Cab Stand Only" stands.

Every taxi driver for miles around will sing this song with you when they see your Uber logo sticker:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
In some places, like CA, you must show trade dress. It's a $1000 fine in CA. I'm not sure about other places, but I know CA is not the only place where it's legally required.
Keep a placard above the visor and flash it as necessary. That's all I do. Besides, if you end up with a ticket it's not a moving violation, so no need to pay it. It's like a parking ticket. In 40+ years of driving I have yet to pay a parking ticket or other non-moving violation.

Reactions: ChortlingCrison

·
Registered
995 Posts
Never had a problem with Taxis. We all wait in the same area for rides near our local suburb downtown hotspots. We have 3 streets that all converge in the center and we wait nearby together to get the rides from the bars. No conflicts. I only keep it on when I'm driving and take them down when I'm not driving. Pax like them as they can see me easily at night (I only use them for night driving--normal trade dress for daytime).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts