Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious what the process is of turning it in when you go to the dealership. Do yhey inspect the car and if they see anything wrong charge you? Or do they charge you after via the app? I'm in the Los Angeles area if that makes a difference. There's a pax that ruined the door handle of the car... I don't want to have to pay for that

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Yes. Process is same everywhere in state CA just like Enterprise/Hertz. Really hope you noted that damage on your inspection sheet before you rolled the vehicle off the lot. Otherwise, you're going to be stuck with a sizable repair bill depending on the extent of the damage.

I've been using Maven since switching to Uber and driving my 2nd rental (Chevy Cruze). Dropped off the first rental and the Maven rep there did his customary walk around inspection. If you have the misfortune of adding any additional scratches (over 1 inch), dents and obvious body damage that's not on your inspection sheet, then you'll obviously get written up. I took pics of ALL sides of my first rental, which is how I caught the dent on the lower fender. This was hard to see in the dim afternoon light when I took out rental. But was very visible when I returned it around noon. Rep noted I'd taken pics and wrote it up on my inspection form. So I wasn't liable for that.

Now that Enterprise has bowed out of the Uber sub prime rental market, Maven is increasingly looking the best way to go from a price point. It's cheaper than Enterprise or Hertz IMO.

Another thing: Maven will provide you with roadside emergency service via the OnStar button on your rear view mirror. Got a flat once and they gave me a tow at no cost to the nearest GMC dealer. So make sure you go to a GMC dealer which does Maven vehicles if you don't want to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the car directly from lyft. There was no inspection. When I went to the lyft center someone brought the car after renting it for like a week. and they literally just gave me the keys and I left. This was in the very beginning when they first started this so it might've been a little less professional. It's been a year since I've had it.

Yes. Process is same everywhere in state CA just like Enterprise/Hertz. Really hope you noted that damage on your inspection sheet before you rolled the vehicle off the lot. Otherwise, you're going to be stuck with a sizable repair bill depending on the extent of the damage.

I've been using Maven since switching to Uber and driving my 2nd rental (Chevy Cruze). Dropped off the first rental and the Maven rep there did his customary walk around inspection. If you have the misfortune of adding any additional scratches (over 1 inch), dents and obvious body damage that's not on your inspection sheet, then you'll obviously get written up. I took pics of ALL sides of my first rental, which is how I caught the dent on the lower fender. This was hard to see in the dim afternoon light when I took out rental. But was very visible when I returned it around noon. Rep noted I'd taken pics and wrote it up on my inspection form. So I wasn't liable for that.

Now that Enterprise has bowed out of the Uber sub prime rental market, Maven is increasingly looking the best way to go from a price point. It's cheaper than Enterprise or Hertz IMO.

Another thing: Maven will provide you with roadside emergency service via the OnStar button on your rear view mirror. Got a flat once and they gave me a tow at no cost to the nearest GMC dealer. So make sure you go to a GMC dealer which does Maven vehicles if you don't want to pay out of pocket.
ird

·
Premium Member
24,575 Posts
just curious what the process is of turning it in when you go to the dealership. Do yhey inspect the car and if they see anything wrong charge you? Or do they charge you after via the app? I'm in the Los Angeles area if that makes a difference. There's a pax that ruined the door handle of the car... I don't want to have to pay for that
I"ve read Lyft is a pain in the ass about cleaning fees.

Does Lyft have something like this?

Slope Font Parallel Rectangle Circle
Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Font Electronic device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts