Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shouldn't Uber have all the needed info? I've never had to contact Checkr before in 3+ years
The link asks for my social which I don't want to give out to some email that I received ?

Hello Sean,

As part of our recurring safety initiative we have attempted to rerun your background screening through Checkr. This rerun is required by law for you to remain active as an Uber partner. Checkr informed us that they were unable to complete your screening and contacted you for more information.

In order for your account to remain active, you need to respond to Checkr's request for more information. Checkr would have contacted you via an email with the subject line "Action required - Additional information needed for your background check". For the quickest resolution you can contact Checkr via the applicant portal (applicant.checkr.com) If you have not received any information from Checkr, you may reach out directly to them at [email protected].

Please note that if this issue is not resolved, your account will be temporarily waitlisted until your background screening can be completed.

Thanks,

Team Uber

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I just read your other post about UberEats/No Uber X. My guess is your offline for a background check. This email might be legit but I would prefer to go to a UberHub to get confirmation then send my social to an unknown.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I've used that website to pull up my background check before. I'd fill that out ASAP if you want to be doing more than deliveries.

https://applicant.checkr.com/
So I went to that site and saw that Uber re-ran my Checkr report May 1 2018 (completed May 11) and I definitely took Uber trips in MA during that time.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hmmm, they run background checks and nooone informs the person in question?
Of course they do and we all authorized it. When you sign the authorization waiver you agreed to allow them to do periodic backround checks. Usually once a year. You don't have to allow it, you do it voluntarily but if you don't do it you will be deactivated. It's all part of the TOS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts