Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you all go ballistic, the fare was about $3.40. She lived in my neighborhood, we had a good convo and she was super cute, she was asking me if where I like to go out in our hood, etc. Anyhow, since I try to be professional I never say anything like, "hey, we should hang out sometime" or whatever, so I thought the nicest, most professional gesture would be to give her a free ride haha. I wonder how it comes up to the passenger as a refund.... And I hope she knows now that I love her. LOLOLOL

·
Registered
941 Posts
You should have told her before ending the trip that you won't charge her otherwise it will come across creepy or she'll just think Uber didn't charge her.

If it comes across creepy you'll be lucky if you get into the friend Zone. Worst case scenario you'll be on stalker watch.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Before you all go ballistic, the fare was about $3.40. She lived in my neighborhood, we had a good convo and she was super cute, she was asking me if where I like to go out in our hood, etc. Anyhow, since I try to be professional I never say anything like, "hey, we should hang out sometime" or whatever, so I thought the nicest, most professional gesture would be to give her a free ride haha. I wonder how it comes up to the passenger as a refund.... And I hope she knows now that I love her. LOLOLOL
I did. I picked up a family going to Disneyland. It was a long ride, and surge 2.5x. When they got in, they explained they were from Canada, and didn't know what surge was. When I explained it to them, I offered to return them to their hotel, and they could wait-out the surge. They agreed, and I dropped them off. I completed their ride, and since we had only gone 12 blocks in total, I emailed Uber and asked them to refund the pax. Uber agreed, and did so. I guess they don't have surge in Manitoba. That's where the pax were from. I didn't want to put a big dent in their family vacation..... And I really didn't want to go to Anaheim.......

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should have told her before ending the trip that you won't charge her otherwise it will come across creepy or she'll just think Uber didn't charge her.

If it comes across creepy you'll be lucky if you get into the friend Zone. Worst case scenario you'll be on stalker watch.
Hahaha - well I didn't think of it until later... Creepy? I would be happy! Oh well...haha - at least I don't have a "creepy" vibe in person. And as far as getting into ANY zone, I would have to see her again around our neighborhood. Which I don't anticipate since we were both talking about how we always go to movies and concerts alone. Time will tell! haha --- also...soooooo you've never done that is what you're saying.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hahaha - well I didn't think of it until later... Creepy? I would be happy! Oh well...haha - at least I don't have a "creepy" vibe in person. And as far as getting into ANY zone, I would have to see her again around our neighborhood. Which I don't anticipate since we were both talking about how we always go to movies and concerts alone. Time will tell! haha --- also...soooooo you've never done that is what you're saying.
I had good conversations and felt good vibes but never gave them their money back. If it was a short ride they'll still only get 4 stars from me unless they tipped.

I don't have a problem with separating business from pleasure.

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Customer didn't show up for like good 10 mins.
Cancelled on her. Cxl fee was charged. Then when i was about to leave, same customer requested again. Accepted and showed right address. Guess address she put past was wrong one. Dropped them off. Gave me 5 dollars tip. Told uber to refund the pax.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I did. I picked up a family going to Disneyland. It was a long ride, and surge 2.5x. When they got in, they explained they were from Canada, and didn't know what surge was. When I explained it to them, I offered to return them to their hotel, and they could wait-out the surge. They agreed, and I dropped them off. I completed their ride, and since we had only gone 12 blocks in total, I emailed Uber and asked them to refund the pax. Uber agreed, and did so. I guess they don't have surge in Manitoba. That's where the pax were from. I didn't want to put a big dent in their family vacation..... And I really didn't want to go to Anaheim.......
Your not cut out for this job lol

But seriously, nobody is getting a free ride from me and ya I would of taken their surge money and probably a hit on my rating.

They traveled from Canada on a vacation and then going to spend 1k at Disney they could afford a $100 uber bill. Last I heard vacations aren't mandatory and either is educating people when the info is right there in front of them, uber clearly spells it out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Your not cut out for this job lol

But seriously, nobody is getting a free ride from me and ya I would of taken their surge money and probably a hit on my rating.

They traveled from Canada on a vacation and then going to spend 1k at Disney they could afford a $100 uber bill. Last I heard vacations aren't mandatory and either is educating people when the info is right there in front of them, uber clearly spells it out.
Nice. The ONLY thing that is mandatory is giving surge only, or high "boost" rides!

Reactions: mandreyka

·
Registered
33 Posts
Business is business. Take care of business... Think they work go to work for free? No. Think that girl would go to work for free, no. Service requires payment. My fiencee was my client before she was my fiencee. I treated her just like any other client. Business is business...

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wouldn't refund a pax unless they were extremely old or mentally handicapped. If it's just s case of "I don't know how to use the app", too bad so sad. They linked their credit card to it and agreed to the terms. Therefore the driver should get paid for their service. On the other hand, if you're single and you are interested in a girl and she's nice, I don't see anything wrong with doing that. You're a "self contractor" so you have the freedom to do that.

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
I have ended trip early with, This ride is going to be expensive, so I am going to end your fare here. They love it. But you need to realize you are no longer under Uber insurance when doing such. Haven't done it in over a year. Simply ending a mile early makes them so happy, though.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Uber insurance for pax doesn't end until they exit the vehicle. It is stated directly on their website and it is implied as well when they instruct us to end rides early to compensate for wrong turns.

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
Uber insurance for pax doesn't end until they exit the vehicle. It is stated directly on their website and it is implied as well when they instruct us to end rides early to compensate for wrong turns.
That is REALLY good to know. Because I will end early in the very rare wrong turn. Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes, one time I had a stacked ping and the stupid app started the next ride before I left the drop off point from the previous one. I ended up driving to the destination rather than the pickup point which fortunately was only a few miles away. Contacted pax who canceled and requested another but still got charged anyway. Requested a refund to the rider and support got back to me with a lame response, did you mean to contact support? Took 2 tries to get the refund through, stupid message is still showing in the app 3 weeks later! At least I got a drink and tip from the deal.

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
Yes, one time I had a stacked ping and the stupid app started the next ride before I left the drop off point from the previous one. I ended up driving to the destination rather than the pickup point which fortunately was only a few miles away. Contacted pax who canceled and requested another but still got charged anyway. Requested a refund to the rider and support got back to me with a lame response, did you mean to contact support? Took 2 tries to get the refund through, stupid message is still showing in the app 3 weeks later! At least I got a drink and tip from the deal.
Now that's a spicy meat ball! Good for you : )

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
op aren't you the one complaining before about being online for hours and not making money? lol

you guys are crazy giving free rides...i hate being out there so whenever i give a ride then i'm getting paid.

if you are not getting paid, then someone else is.

time is money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts