Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
met all the requirements for this incentive, made $472.22 in fares, then received a text Tuesday morning saying "The $750 Weekly guarantee couldn't process this week - on Monday you'll see this update to your statement - $750 Weekly Guarantee Adjustment - $76.42" WTF? Since when does 76.42 + 472.22 = 750??? I contacted Uber support twice already with NO RESPONSE. I've been driving for them for nearly a year and have never had issues with them not paying guarantees...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sounds to me like Uber is dodging you. Maybe a complaint to the state's Attorney General will wake them up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
met all the requirements for this incentive, made $472.22 in fares, then received a text Tuesday morning saying "The $750 Weekly guarantee couldn't process this week - on Monday you'll see this update to your statement - $750 Weekly Guarantee Adjustment - $76.42" WTF? Since when does 76.42 + 472.22 = 750??? I contacted Uber support twice already with NO RESPONSE. I've been driving for them for nearly a year and have never had issues with them not paying guarantees...
I been drivin for about a month now. How do these guarenatees work

·
Registered
24 Posts
You're forgetting fees. Let's assume you are UberX only to make the math easier. 750 is before fees. so chop off 20% that takes you down to 600 right off the bat. then there is the safe rides fee. How many rides did you do? 50'ish? that's another 50 bucks. So you make 472 in fares (assuming after fees). that means to bring you up to the guarantee amount, uber will owe you about 80 bucks. I hate to say it, but the math looks (frustratingly) right. The fees make it so the incentive is not to out perform the guarantee. once you hit your numbers, log out or you start eroding your profit margin.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Safe ride fees are taken out before Ubers 20% cut for each ride. The guarantee money has no safe ride fees attached to it. Uber takes their 20% from the guarantee THEN subtracts what you made (net after all deductions by Uber) what's left over is what you are supposed to get in guaranteed money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're forgetting fees. Let's assume you are UberX only to make the math easier. 750 is before fees. so chop off 20% that takes you down to 600 right off the bat. then there is the safe rides fee. How many rides did you do? 50'ish? that's another 50 bucks. So you make 472 in fares (assuming after fees). that means to bring you up to the guarantee amount, uber will owe you about 80 bucks. I hate to say it, but the math looks (frustratingly) right. The fees make it so the incentive is not to out perform the guarantee. once you hit your numbers, log out or you start eroding your profit margin.
Thanks so much for your reply I really do appreciate it and I thought about the fees and looking at my pay statement which I posted below I'm still a little confused you can see my total fare was 590.27 (159.73 shy of 750) and since they're adding the incentive payout on next weeks check the writer fees have already been accounted for I'm just still not sure where this leaves the 76.42... still doesn't quite add up to me
Screenshot_2015-08-07-12-26-39~01.png

·
Registered
933 Posts
Double check your figures and number of rides UberAnnoyed. What this is saying you made $157 more then what you qualified for via the Guarantee money. Make sure your rides fit into the time frames they provided. Add up just those rides net $ and see if it is above the Guarantee money.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If the guarantee on the link in an earlier post was the guarantee you were chasing:
1. The max tier 1 was $400 for 27 rides over the whole guarantee period. All 27 rides that count have to fall within the time boundaries of the guarantee. You also had to be online for a minimum of 18 hours of the 20 listed. They will supplement any fares (total fares, not your earnings) if you complete the 27 rides and are under the $400 threshold. 26 rides and you get nothing, under 18 of 20 hours, Nada, and of course if you get to $400 in fares, no additional dinero for you. Since you can't filter out any longer requests, and you have to maintain a 90% acceptance rate, this puts you completely at the mercy of the number of really short rides you do.
I wasn't signed up last week, but I worked 16 of the 20 hours and had 24 rides that totalled over $360 in fares during the guarantee period. So, 3 more rides would've netted me $0.00 extra because I was likely to be over the $400 threshold anyway.
The short version of this is guarantees are just another way that uber tries to control when and where you drive. They'd love to have more cars than riders in the downtown area driving trips of .7 miles and collecting an effective 50% of the total fare. If you really want to be an independent contractor, you have to think and act in your own best interests, and not buy into the uber hype.
Just my unsolicited $0.02.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the guarantee on the link in an earlier post was the guarantee you were chasing:
1. The max tier 1 was $400 for 27 rides over the whole guarantee period. All 27 rides that count have to fall within the time boundaries of the guarantee. You also had to be online for a minimum of 18 hours of the 20 listed. They will supplement any fares (total fares, not your earnings) if you complete the 27 rides and are under the $400 threshold. 26 rides and you get nothing, under 18 of 20 hours, Nada, and of course if you get to $400 in fares, no additional dinero for you. Since you can't filter out any longer requests, and you have to maintain a 90% acceptance rate, this puts you completely at the mercy of the number of really short rides you do.
I wasn't signed up last week, but I worked 16 of the 20 hours and had 24 rides that totalled over $360 in fares during the guarantee period. So, 3 more rides would've netted me $0.00 extra because I was likely to be over the $400 threshold anyway.
The short version of this is guarantees are just another way that uber tries to control when and where you drive. They'd love to have more cars than riders in the downtown area driving trips of .7 miles and collecting an effective 50% of the total fare. If you really want to be an independent contractor, you have to think and act in your own best interests, and not buy into the uber hype.
Just my unsolicited $0.02.
HERE is the guarantee offer....

Screenshot_2015-07-26-18-08-24~01.png

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I'm guessing that you drive during the day, mostly. They don't list specific time frames, did you notice the fine print about going 60 minutes without a request will not count that hour towards the hours total. And it's gross fares. That includes the SRF.
Good luck with getting it straightened out, but it looks like an uberscrew to me.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
$750 - $590.27 = $159.73 - 20% = 127.79

Your payment statement is reflecting the 400/225/100 guarantee that I outlined above. Possibly they opted you in under the wrong guarantee, or the $750 guarantee is for a different week?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts