Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else got the Uber Gas Card yet?
Just got mine in the mail after qualifying by reaching 200 rides in one month...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It gives you upto 15 cents off the price of gas per gallon at any gas station that takes MasterCard. Also it gives me a way to keep my fuel purchases inline with my earnings...as the fuel charges are deducted from that weeks paycheck.

Check under the "rewards" section after you open your UBER Driver app.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, does anyone have a handle on what the actual discount is? I have two "purchases" and there is no uniformity about the discounts given. Example 1) 6.704 [email protected] $1.699 leads to 11.39 and 0.17 discount for total $11.22. Example 2) 9.518 gal @ $1.599 gave me 15.22 and 0.52 discount for $14.70 total. Just wondering how to figure this out.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
So, does anyone have a handle on what the actual discount is? I have two "purchases" and there is no uniformity about the discounts given. Example 1) 6.704 [email protected] $1.699 leads to 11.39 and 0.17 discount for total $11.22. Example 2) 9.518 gal @ $1.599 gave me 15.22 and 0.52 discount for $14.70 total. Just wondering how to figure this out.
It varies by gas station. I heard shell was the best, but I am not really sure. Investigate it thru Uber or others on this forum may know. I heard Costco and Sam's don't offer any discount. Basically it's small but could help u when u are needing gas and snacks to keep driving.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It varies by gas station. I heard shell was the best, but I am not really sure. Investigate it thru Uber or others on this forum may know. I heard Costco and Sam's don't offer any discount. Basically it's small but could help u when u are needing gas and snacks to keep driving.
Th
Funny, though, of the two transactions I mentioned, the best discount was at Exxon while the other was Shell.

·
Premium Member
62,289 Posts
Has anyone else got the Uber Gas Card yet?
Just got mine in the mail after qualifying by reaching 200 rides in one month...
Had it a month.
It works.
Had $100.00 limit first day.
They bumped it up to $200.00 same day.
I save up to 6 cents a gallon at certain stations on $1.53 a gallon gas.
Race track only gives 2 to 3 cents a gallon savings.
Adds up to a few dollars a month.
They charge no interest and front you the gas.
You pay up out of your earnings.
Its worth getting.

·
Premium Member
62,289 Posts
The discount will be different st different stations.
After a while you will learn where the biggest discounts are.
Coming into town I fill up st cheapest gas with highest discount.
While I'm rolling I go for whoever is closest with a good price.

·
Premium Member
62,289 Posts
Shell is good gas.
It burns longer.
I have gotten up to 48 m.p.g. on shell regular.
Also run fuel injection cleaner every few hundred miles.I like gumout.
3 bucks at wal mart automotive.
Keeps injectors and heads clean and boosts mileage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had it for a few months. Haven't seen a discount once.

But let me explain something to you, Uber is making a percentage on those cards. Each credit or debit card pays the issuer a percentage on each purchase. So I'm not using mine. They make enough money off me.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Don't waste your time another Uber lie they say up to 10-15 cents per gallon but in reality its per fill up first month I saved $2 total hahahaha, cut up the card wouldn't be surprised if Uber skimming the real discount. Sam's club or Costco membership actually save .10-.20 per gallon mine paid for itself in a few weeks as I save $7 per fillup
Daaaaaaaaamn, you must have a really big tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts