Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
I've been driving exclusively for Lyft for a while - it's not as bad as Uber when it comes down to the individual trip(s) (I.e. I get paid more on Lines than Pool, mostly because tips), but when you throw incentives into the mix, Uber takes the cake - and has for a while.

For me, on Uber, they take 20%. Lyft takes 25%. And that can add up - so I usually default to Uber, but the passengers are just muchhhhhhh better on Lyft.

So if you aren't playing the game for PDB or whatever, Lyft is usually better if you are doing part time driving. Say 3 or 4-hour blocks around PrimeTime.

Honestly, the absolute worst is getting sent into East Bay. Lyft in Oakland is the worst. It's all Lines, and rarely go over $5 after spending like 20 minutes getting to them and then completing the drop off.

Now I just see that they are going to Oakland, and I just drive away if they are not in the car. Or I tell them I can't drive there, lol. The only time is when it's surging hardcore or 100% PrimeTime.

· Registered
171 Posts
I was online with Lyft last night, 5-6pm in the South Bay and only got pinged once and she cancelled!

I need 30 more rides with Lyft to get a $750 referral bonus! I'm hoping I can get those all done this week. I have to complete it by July 8th. (I only drive part-time)

The minute I switched to Uber last night it was non-stop! I had $35/hour guarantee between 5-7pm with Uber so that hour online with Lyft cost me!
Good luck to you! I was curious about South Bay, as I do read some comments on this forum, and it's generally a mixed bag. Some seem to do really well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.