Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking because I'm wondering if they stopped taken on drivers here in Vegas because of a slowdown in tourist traffic do to high temps. There has been some talk here that suggests this might be the case. This could be good and it could be bad.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know a guy who who got in after that for Uber. Not sure about Lyft though.
A couple of days ago one guy said he signed up with lyft and was denied. They gave him no reason. I suggested he demand a reason. I don't know if he did. The reason I connected this to a slowdown was for a couple reasons: 1) I went to the rideshare offices around the 2nd week in July. They were full. 2) because of what seemed like discontent here on the forum with Ub's changes/low or no surges, the X vs XL talk no more XL, etc.. These things suggest they may have to many drivers.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
A couple of days ago one guy said he signed up with lyft and was denied. They gave him no reason. I suggested he demand a reason. I don't know if he did. The reason I connected this to a slowdown was for a couple reasons: 1) I went to the rideshare offices around the 2nd week in July. They were full. 2) because of what seemed like discontent here on the forum with Ub's changes/low or no surges, the X vs XL talk no more XL, etc.. These things suggest they may have to many drivers.
Drivers comes and goes. Turn over is high in uber. Uber is not lyft. They will never ever ever stop signing up drivers. You can 80 years old as long as DMV issue you a license then uber will hire you. Shiiit. If you're 16 years old licensed and when you driver you have your mom in the car with you. Uber will hire you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to a Lyft on boarding session on 7/14 and got my approval to drive on 7/23. I've been approved by Uber but have to wait until 8/1 to get my vehicle inspected, had to make an appointment for that.
Good to know. I guess they're still taken on drivers. At some point in time everybody will be rideshare drivers driving each other around for almost nothing. With rideshare offering rental cars to maybe the tourists will be driving the locals around to make an extra $3 per ride. Oh, no they can't they have out of state DL's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got approved by lyft this morning at 10 AM. I am not getting any promotions from Uber anymore so I am going to try out lyft.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got approved by lyft this morning at 10 AM. I am not getting any promotions from Uber anymore so I am going to try out lyft.
To me it's not a surprise Ub's not offering promos. They are taken on more and more drivers saturating the market with drivers while tourisum has to be dropping do to the high temps. When I use to think about going to Vegas first thing I'd think of is how hot is it there. If it was summer I wouldn't go.

·
Premium Member
65,624 Posts
A couple of days ago ,a guy I know said a guy he knows,knows a guy . . .

Uber is training DOGS TO DRIVE !!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
They have absolutely saturated the Vallejo, Ca. area with drivers. Three weeks ago, I got pinged an average of 15 times between 6-10AM.
Monday was 2 and today I've been online since 6 and pinged once :/
Do they know who's driving what car and can choose who gets the call?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts