Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pick up at the location above, got there -church St. is a one lane two way street, nowhere to park and wait if you're picking up someone. Anyway, got there, put my hazards lights on while waiting for my ride to show up, that way, anyone coming behind me, will see the blinkers and just pass me on the left, no biggie! This black car got behind me and stopped... I was kind enough to try to sign to the driver with my hand to pass me by, but he wasn't even paying attention, stopped behind me and stared gazing on his left for a minute... after 2 min of waiting, my rider showed up, while getting in the car, this guy behind me started "horning" like an idiot, then drove up to my left side and stopped to tell me how I shouldn't have stopped there; I right away told him that obviously there is nowhere to park on the side, that I put my hazard lights on to let anybody behind me that I'm going nowhere, and that I tried to signal to him with my hand to pass by me earlier but he wasn't paying attention... So with the same angry tone he goes: Are you an Uber driver? ** This all happening after the rider got in...
I'm like what's that have to do with this now? He glanced over looking at my phone and goes you are an Uber driver, I'm like: Dude, have a good day, bye, get off the opposite lane and let's go... At that moment, he just lost it, and was like I'm gonna get off the car and show [email protected]$#[email protected]$#... Is that what you want? I said to him: be my guest! He did just that, came up to my window and started making a scene, I'm like Dude, you're an Uber driver as well, what the **** is your problem? He says, oh I'm a black car Uber, not Uber x, so I said: okay, what's your ****ing problem now, what do you ****ing want?
Because of him making such a big scene out of nothing, people started gathering over, while he's standing over my door, while I'm asking him to get off my balls....
I told him that I ve done XL and done black car...Done it, been there, I understand your pain and what you're going through... Unfortunately, that just ticked him off even more...
I had a customer waiting in my car, and had to take off... But hopefully you're reading this or someone d know who the **** you are and refer you to this for you to read... "Dear furious black car Uber driver, **** you! **** you and all your family, one by one, **** you all day and night, **** you up and down, **** you back and forth, I hope you ****ing die, I hope you ****ing die soon, I hope you ****ing die while driving a black car for Uber, and I hope a rider ****ing strangle you from the back while you're driving your stupid black car, also, **** you again and **** your country you came from, I'm not being racist, wait, actually I don't give a ****, **** you, your country and your continent too...
Thanks guys for letting me let this off my chest... I hope the jerk is reading this, contact me back if you are! Hope someone out there knew about this and refer him to read this... As for you, other Uber drivers, please have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I had a pick up at the location above, got there -church St. is a one lane two way street, nowhere to park and wait if you're picking up someone. Anyway, got there, put my hazards lights on while waiting for my ride to show up, that way, anyone coming behind me, will see the blinkers and just pass me on the left, no biggie! This black car got behind me and stopped... I was kind enough to try to sign to the driver with my hand to pass me by, but he wasn't even paying attention, stopped behind me and stared gazing on his left for a minute... after 2 min of waiting, my rider showed up, while getting in the car, this guy behind me started "horning" like an idiot, then drove up to my left side and stopped to tell me how I shouldn't have stopped there; I right away told him that obviously there is nowhere to park on the side, that I put my hazard lights on to let anybody behind me that I'm going nowhere, and that I tried to signal to him with my hand to pass by me earlier but he wasn't paying attention... So with the same angry tone he goes: Are you an Uber driver? ** This all happening after the rider got in...
I'm like what's that have to do with this now? He glanced over looking at my phone and goes you are an Uber driver, I'm like: Dude, have a good day, bye, get off the opposite lane and let's go... At that moment, he just lost it, and was like I'm gonna get off the car and show [email protected]$#[email protected]$#... Is that what you want? I said to him: be my guest! He did just that, came up to my window and started making a scene, I'm like Dude, you're an Uber driver as well, what the &%[email protected]!* is your problem? He says, oh I'm a black car Uber, not Uber x, so I said: okay, what's your &%[email protected]!*ing problem now, what do you &%[email protected]!*ing want?
Because of him making such a big scene out of nothing, people started gathering over, while he's standing over my door, while I'm asking him to get off my balls....
I told him that I ve done XL and done black car...Done it, been there, I understand your pain and what you're going through... Unfortunately, that just ticked him off even more...
I had a customer waiting in my car, and had to take off... But hopefully you're reading this or someone d know who the &%[email protected]!* you are and refer you to this for you to read... "Dear furious black car Uber driver, &%[email protected]!* you! &%[email protected]!* you and all your family, one by one, &%[email protected]!* you all day and night, &%[email protected]!* you up and down, &%[email protected]!* you back and forth, I hope you &%[email protected]!*ing die, I hope you &%[email protected]!*ing die soon, I hope you &%[email protected]!*ing die while driving a black car for Uber, and I hope a rider &%[email protected]!*ing strangle you from the back while you're driving your stupid black car, also, &%[email protected]!* you again and &%[email protected]!* your country you came from, I'm not being racist, wait, actually I don't give a &%[email protected]!*, &%[email protected]!* you, your country and your continent too...
Thanks guys for letting me let this off my chest... I hope the jerk is reading this, contact me back if you are! Hope someone out there knew about this and refer him to read this... As for you, other Uber drivers, please have a wonderful day!
He is Black, BLACK, B L A C K !!!! And you are a miserable X. You should know your place, you should be schooled to know your place! Obey his commands, kiss his boot and say- thank you, sire.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I can certainly sympathize with the ordeal you experienced. I have personally settled on a standard code of conduct upon eventual manifestation of such adverse events. I would turn the AC to maximum, roll up the windows, and completely ignore the offending party without even acknowledging their presence by looking in their direction, and/or otherwise engaging the same in any way, shape or form, whether or not if they pull up next to my vehicle attempting for further engagement, all while automatically maintaining an active audio and video recording of the events through employment of the installed dashcams. At the same time, if and when a PAX is present, I would briefly comment [i.e. "someone's not having a good day"] on the unacceptable behavior of such miserable, uncivilized individuals and/or aggressive drivers practicing road rage, as the PAX also always agree and disapprove of such individual's aggressive behavior in my personal experience. Furthermore, I would not hesitate to seek law enforcement assistance and/or present dashcam recording to the same if and when warranted under the circumstances. I would also file a police report and/or press charges in extreme situations, such as in the event of a hostile individual approaching the window(s) and subsequently attempting to physically damage the vehicle and/or threatening any of its occupants, with typically only the threat of imminent harm even in absence of actual physical contact being legally sufficient to successfully uphold filing of any such charges, subject to local laws and regulations. Last but not the least, in extreme situations, I would furnish the police report and the video recording along with any available pertinent information to the individual's auto insurance and/or commercial insurance provider upon seeking information regarding the same through the law enforcement and/or legal representation, as I shall also directly file a report of a driver's misconduct with Uber and/or Lyft for further follow up and evaluation of an individual's suitability as a qualified partner driver independent contractor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Never worth it to engage/escalate. Let him honk all he wants. As long as you're actively loading/unloading, there's no "No Stopping" sign, and you left 10 feet of clearance per lane of traffic, you're legal and he can go pound sand. His choice if he wants to pass you or not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the moral support, I guess we all agree such disrespectful behaviors shouldn't exist in such a civilized city, but again, not everybody's the same, not everybody's s been raised or grew up surrounded with morals... I'm definitely acquiring dashcams, I believe they are such a huge help when things go south, and bullies think they could get away with their bs.
Yo'all, be safe out there, and hope you guys are having a good day!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I'm like what's that have to do with this now? He glanced over looking at my phone and goes you are an Uber driver, I'm like: Dude, have a good day, bye, get off the opposite lane and let's go... At that moment, he just lost it, and was like I'm gonna get off the car and show [email protected]$#[email protected]$#... Is that what you want? I said to him: be my guest! He did just that, came up to my window and started making a scene, I'm like Dude, you're an Uber driver as well, what the &%[email protected]!* is your problem? He says, oh I'm a black car Uber, not Uber x, so I said: okay, what's your &%[email protected]!*ing problem now, what do you &%[email protected]!*ing want?
I had a customer waiting in my car, and had to take off... But hopefully you're reading this or someone d know who the &%[email protected]!* you are and refer you to this for you to read... "Dear furious black car Uber driver, &%[email protected]!* you! &%[email protected]!* you and all your family, one by one, &%[email protected]!* you all day and night, &%[email protected]!* you up and down, &%[email protected]!* you back and forth, I hope you &%[email protected]!*ing die, I hope you &%[email protected]!*ing die soon, I hope you &%[email protected]!*ing die while driving a black car for Uber, and I hope a rider &%[email protected]!*ing strangle you from the back while you're driving your stupid black car, also, &%[email protected]!* you again and &%[email protected]!* your country you came from, I'm not being racist, wait, actually I don't give a &%[email protected]!*, &%[email protected]!* you, your country and your continent too...
I understand these situations can be annoying but you need to relax a little. I think it's important to stand your ground but at the same time I would have probably not let the situation escalate with a pax in the car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy solution - don't block the road.

Circle around, find the closest safe spot to pull over and instruct the pax to come to you or cancel the ride.
If it happens to me on a daily basis, I'm still gonna park my car where I did, put my hazards on, and wait for them riders to show up, and if you were behind me, as soon as you see my hazards on, pass me by and have a good day, but if you tried to be a jerk, I'm gonna be a jerk back... NewEnglander; I find this easier of a solution

·
Registered
656 Posts
If it happens to me on a daily basis, I'm still gonna park my car where I did, put my hazards on, and wait for them riders to show up, and if you were behind me, as soon as you see my hazards on, pass me by and have a good day, but if you tried to be a jerk, I'm gonna be a jerk back... NewEnglander; I find this easier of a solution
That solution gives us all a bad name when we are already trying to do a challenging job. The travel lane is not a place to stop and wait. I understand that sometimes you need to stop and pick up or drop off there. I am guilty of that too, but waiting there is only asking for trouble. It is illegal and it is why the police are busting chops on other things in that area. What the other driver did was way over the line, but you were not in the right either. The travel lane of a road is for driving - not waiting!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you drive a black Toyota?? I feel like you're the same guy who double parked on the main st in downtown on Saturday night...
Not me, sorry

It depends on the road, if it's heavily traveled I will not wait double parked. If it's a side street or it isint busy I will.
That's exactly what I thought, there was no traffic on church St. Then, just me, he showed up a minute later behind me, while the opposite lane was deserted... If it were busy I wouldn't have stopped either...thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.