Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,837 Posts
Only to, never from. Good luck as all the hotel rooms are sold out. Or so I heard from a couple of pax.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Stop announcing. LA drivers check inland empire posts too.
They'd be idiots to drive out here. But then again Coachella did prove that many of us drivers can be rather stupid.

We're so overloaded with drivers that I'd expect most trips in and out will be at base fare or close to it. Any surge over 2x would shock me. A possibility of getting up to a 3 at closing. Maybe.

It'll be good for IE drivers, but that's about it.

Because of its location I see a lot more potential for short rides to and from the venue to local drive-thru places. Didn't get a lot of that up in Glen Helen but they'll be closer and cheaper to get to in Fontana.

I'd expect a lot of local interest in this event so I think I'd position myself outside of the immediate area and hope for trips to the venue in the hours leading up to opening time of each day. Redlands, Riverside, etc.. just outside the area, but still with a likelihood of getting someone going there. If you're going to get base fare you might as well increase the distance of the trip to get there. I don't think I'd work the area around the event until closings.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They'd be idiots to drive out here. But then again Coachella did prove that many of us drivers can be rather stupid.

We're so overloaded with drivers that I'd expect most trips in and out will be at base fare or close to it. Any surge over 2x would shock me. A possibility of getting up to a 3 at closing. Maybe.

It'll be good for IE drivers, but that's about it.

Because of its location I see a lot more potential for short rides to and from the venue to local drive-thru places. Didn't get a lot of that up in Glen Helen but they'll be closer and cheaper to get to in Fontana.

I'd expect a lot of local interest in this event so I think I'd position myself outside of the immediate area and hope for trips to the venue in the hours leading up to opening time of each day. Redlands, Riverside, etc.. just outside the area, but still with a likelihood of getting someone going there. If you're going to get base fare you might as well increase the distance of the trip to get there. I don't think I'd work the area around the event until closings.
I agree with you. It is gonna be all short trips. Same as the other Raves in NOS center in San Bernardino because it is surrounded with hotels, motels. Im gonna be in LA. I have platinum status so why not.

·
Premium Member
10,837 Posts
I expect 2 or 3 trips to there. The back way in is the hot ticket from the 215 side. When you see that big sign that says exit only, yeah that's right, turn left in there, it's the exit of ubers dirt lot. Banzi up the little hill and your nearly at the front gate.

Note; if Glen Helen pkwy has a lot of traffic getting off, use the Palm ave exit and follow the frontage rd to GH pkwy.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I expect 2 or 3 trips to there. The back way in is the hot ticket from the 215 side. When you see that big sign that says exit only, yeah that's right, turn left in there, it's the exit of ubers dirt lot. Banzi up the little hill and your nearly at the front gate.

Note; if Glen Helen pkwy has a lot of traffic getting off, use the Palm ave exit and follow the frontage rd to GH pkwy.
It's at the speedway in Fontana. It's not at the San Manuel Amphitheater up in Glen Helen. But your route would definitely produce a more profitable trip. :)

Light Font Line Parallel Slope

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I for one am greatful, what a nice Saturday in the CV
It's crazy over there. So many cars. Only 5 cars at a time show in the IE so you have to move the pin around to see, but that area is over-flowing with Ubers. There's money to be made, but it's going to be at base rate.

The lone wolf hunting away from the pack is the strategy to use this weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Nope not too many smart ones there. I didn't see too many drivers following the designated drop off route, but I saw plenty of them sitting in traffic waiting to get in through the main entrance with the rest of the non Rideshares. I Hardly any traffic coming in from Etiwanda. I was even able to leave the venue off Cherry in either direction

·
Premium Member
10,837 Posts
It's at the speedway in Fontana. It's not at the San Manuel Amphitheater up in Glen Helen. But your route would definitely produce a more profitable trip. :)

View attachment 51713
Yeah I realized that today when my first trip took me there. Wish I was there now cause the surge is 3.8 then, midnight, to 5.6 now 5.7 as I type this. ugh.

Well I did get 2 Prime times trips to there with a 5 tip each, then someone from the ONT convention center gun show, but to Walnut then another to LAX ugh and the guy said he would tip 20 through the app. so far no tip on that one. The hand shake should of comfirmed that wasn't going to happen, your getting a 4 star but 5'd him anyway. Would have been 3 if it was an uber trip. Just as well since I'll probably never see that guy again.

Yeah and it's funny cause when I was leaving Fontana I was surrounded by ubers/lyfts, and I'm like how in the hell am I ,.... then I get one. I wished I had more for thought about the place.

Yeah and Etiwanda is the hot ticket into. So when is the next NASCAR race. Hmm...

·
Premium Member
10,837 Posts
Yeah and every 2-3 seconds a car pops up, it's gone even at 5.0+. Down to 1.4 now.

The thing is, it supposedly ended @ 11 , I checked at midnight so it's be surging for nearly 3 hrs. ? Dam.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts