Uber Drivers Forum banner

Harassed last night

1K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  redd38 
#1 ·
Last night just before 11 I got a ping for a pick up in KOP. Arrived at Kingswood Apts and finally 4 young early 20s girls come out. None wanted to ride in the front, but the last one to the car eventually agreed to sit up front. This pax immediately tried to engage me in conversation. I politely answered questions about how long I've driven for Uber, what area I'm from, etc. Then she began asking who I voted for in the presidential election. I politely declined to answer and told her that I don't talk politics while working.

After that, it began a 20 minute ride of yelling, belittling, name calling, cursing at me, and harassing me because I wouldn't tell her who I voted for. After about 5 minutes of this, I quit talking altogether and just drove and tried to ignore the verbal abuse. That made the young lady even more angry.

Friends in the backseat laughed, but encouraged her to stop. She kept going. The person one whose account this ride was on, begged me not to give her a one star rating for her friend. I just kept driving.

I couldn't bring myself to stopping the car and demanding them to get out, as I didn't want to leave 4 young girls on a dark backroad alone. That would have been negligent on my part, and I DO have a heart deep inside.

After the ride, I gave the account a 1 star and immediately contacted Uber with many more details than here. As luck would have it, they said they would make note of it and put a note on the account. SERIOUSLY? Drivers on here have commented that ONE report of unprofessional behavior and their account is temporarily put on hold. And all this account gets is a note? Really?

I responded to Uber and let them know I was angry, disappointed, and disgusted that this verbal harassment I endured only gets a note on the account. Another response from Uber told me that they would re-evaluate the account of this rider.

I'm INCREDIBLY angry about the response from Uber. Am I overreacting?

See less See more
#4 ·
Respond saying their behavior was atrocious and they should be deactivated for their awful behavior and at a minimum you never want to be matched with her again.

I've gotten that question from pax before. I usually say "You first" and say me too after they respond regardless of how. I'm lying half the time :D

#11 · (Edited)
Wowwww.....good heart....yea ok....you should have kicked them out immediately....i dont understand how some of you drivers let these Pax control you in YOUR vehicle....especially some youngsters from the burbs. Respect goes both ways.....sometimes you have to adapt and know how to flip the situation. I do quite a few pickups from there....mostly going to At&t to work......lol

#12 ·
I would have told the little shiet that I voted for Donald Trump and was damn proud of it. At least it would have turned into an argument about politics and not a personal disagreement. I have no issue talking politics but make sure the passenger is the one that brings it up. We are never going to heal the divide in this country if we can't argue about our differences.

#13 ·
Don't worry, I had to call the cops on a pax for the first time last night. He threatened to "punch my teeth in". Called 911, pulled to side of the highway, waited for police to show up. I started recording him but only after he said that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf8ll3aruzytmtk/20170218_180418.mp4?dl=0

I'm still driving today.
GREAT audio. My favorite was how he said he was being kidnapped to saying he's waiting outside for the cops in the same breath. What an a$$hole. I've kicked pax out of my car for so much less.

#17 ·
POURING rain one night surge 4+ in CC and i pick up 2 girls at monks cafe (short ride)penn. they are drunk..pouring rain like florida here and cold.
girl tells me to turn on 33rd. i say its one way i must turn next block and touch my screen on phone mounted to ac vent.
she starts screaming omg you CANT BE ON PHONE WHILE U ARE driving yelling at me....i will one star you and contact uber . that gold spoon ***** says..so i say you telling me cause i just touch my phone u one star me and report me...she says YES..
i say this is my car my insurance my everything.one star me and get out..... DO YOU SEE THAT GAS STATION...pouring rain. you are getting out of my car thier.

OMG IT FELT SO GOOD. next pass at a 4.9 was so happy for me to get her out of the rain.

#18 ·
POURING rain one night surge 4+ in CC and i pick up 2 girls at monks cafe (short ride)penn. they are drunk..pouring rain like florida here and cold.
girl tells me to turn on 33rd. i say its one way i must turn next block and touch my screen on phone mounted to ac vent.
she starts screaming omg you CANT BE ON PHONE WHILE U ARE driving yelling at me....i will one star you and contact uber . that gold spoon ***** says..so i say you telling me cause i just touch my phone u one star me and report me...she says YES..
i say this is my car my insurance my everything.one star me and get out..... DO YOU SEE THAT GAS STATION...pouring rain. you are getting out of my car thier.

OMG IT FELT SO GOOD. next pass at a 4.9 was so happy for me to get her out of the rain.
I wouldn't have been nice enough for the gas station. I would have pulled right over and commanded them to gtfo immediately.

#22 ·
I wouldn't have been nice enough for the gas station. I would have pulled right over and commanded them to gtfo immediately.
Ok, this might sound crazy; but sometimes I get the distinct feeling that these riders think this is all some kind of video game and they are supposed to spar us?
Otherwise why the nasty attitude and not treating us like we are just as human as them?

#24 ·
I had a guy I picked up at the Ritz in CC. I should've realized that this guy was going to be a stuck up asshole. He proceeds to get in my car and immediately tells me how to drive. "You need to get over", "get out of this lane", etc... I basically tell him to please let me drive and he then demands to get out and tell me that I don't know how to drive.

He filed a professionalism report and my account was not put on hold. Probably because I immediately reported him. That's also not the first time something similar has happened. I simply say the rider was demanding me to drive unsafely and my account is never put on hold.

#27 ·
I'm INCREDIBLY angry about the response from Uber. Am I overreacting?
The problem is that you underreacted initially. If you didn't deem the issue to be severe enough to kick the PAX out then why would Uber deem the issue severe enough to kick them off the platform? You have to show Uber how serious the problem is with your actions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.