Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am optimistic that the changes with U/L regarding paying extra for picking up longer fares will be beneficial.

Beginning of Oct I started ignoring fares that were over 8 minutes away (cuz I cant hit max PDB anymore). I didnt realize how many 12 minute pings I was actually getting every day!

Hopefully the changes will be executed well and not border on the side of U/L greed.

I'm also hoping that the extra pay for waiting over 2 minutes is worthwhile. Currently, at the 75% rate, we get paid $9/hr in Portland for sitting around and picking our noses, waiting for people to get in the car.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hmmmm. Uber finally using their heads? Hmmmm.

Maybe keeping drivers who know what they are doing instead of noobs who can't figure out how to use gps might be a Good idea?

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The root of the problem is that the equation is unbalanced.

When a ride is ordered, the pax has an idea of how much it will cost. The companies have an idea of how much they will make. But the drivers are completely in the dark.

After a few years, enough drivers are quitting, rejecting long rides, etc. To the point where the companies are having to make real changes, before things deteriorate completely. I see this as a sign of self preservation on the parts of U/L. Adapt or die. 96% turnover doesn't lie. SDC isn't happening fast enough, they need to do something to stop the flow of drivers out the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts