Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another friendly reminder to stay safe on these long holiday weekends. A lot of crazy stuff can happen.

I thought I'd share this from an accident I witnessed on Sunday July 3rd 2022 in Poenix AZ. Driving westbound on red mountain 202 approaching Gilbert/Mcdowell exit a car passes me and returns to the 2nd lane infront of me. There was another car about 10 car length in front of me but not much else close.

About few moments later I see them hit the brake lights and abruptly start swerving towards the right shoulder, Next they fish tail a little trying to regain control but hit the gravel and kick up a cloud of dust. Now I see a table or weight bench in the lane in front of us as I'm slowing and moving over. I also notice them rolling over multiple times through all the dust. I pull over to check on them and maybe help out.

The car is upside down in the gravel of the shoulder facing the opposite direction. A few cars pull over behind me. I see a young native or hispanic passenger crawl out and start walking towards the orange groves down the freeway shoulder. Next another passenger crawls out and follows his friend. He has a cut bleeding on his forehead and asks for a ride away from the scene. I shake him off from my locked car and he follows his friend towards the orange groves. A motor cycle cop arrives shortly and I give him the details but they got away I heard by hopping the fence and hiding in the orange grove area.

Here's the kicker they left an elderly lady in the car at the scene. Good news she left by ambulance and seemed to be alright. Be safe out there folks and leave yourself plenty of space.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was involved a hit and run crash back in Feb. reported to Uber and local police station immediately. Progressive declined my claim stated not qualify for coverage. What? 4 months now. Nothing happened. Beware Uber insurance coverage is a joke
I was warned. I have rideshare coverage ij my Allstate policy. Since I live in the most expensive area for insurance, my monthly payment is 529$

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,887 Posts
I was warned. I have rideshare coverage ij my Allstate policy. Since I live in the most expensive area for insurance, my monthly payment is 529$
When I did a sweep of the companies that covered RS, Allstate came out on top in terms of coverage, with a clam that Allstate jumps in and covers gaps in Uber coverage, and pays for period 2&3 repairs now and gets reimbursed from Uber later.

But the quote gave me a heart attack.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jesus man. I have limo plate and commercial
Insurance and only pay $4800 a year. Granted I got $800 off for paying in full or it would have been $5600. But still…. I have $500,000 of coverage, can pick up at all the resorts, airport, beaches and am covered 24/7…. Come to Charleston SC I’ll give you a job. Business is BOOMING… Uber Sux

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jesus man. I have limo plate and commercial
Insurance and only pay $4800 a year. Granted I got $800 off for paying in full or it would have been $5600. But still…. I have $500,000 of coverage, can pick up at all the resorts, airport, beaches and am covered 24/7…. Come to Charleston SC I’ll give you a job. Business is BOOMING… Uber Sux
It was good up until 2 weeks ago.. now it is horrible. Cannot understand why.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts