Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I stumbled upon a spot that Uber black and other uberx people use to wait for national pings. I wonder how long the line is to wait to get pinged is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The line at the airport is short at times we all like to be sure that people that cut the line do so at risk

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
This is not Dulles airport, National has no Que. I get pings while im at Departure upper level.

Go to cell phone parking. The spot across the street in the woods is for newbs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I tried cell phone parking earlier before I stumbled upon that little waiting spot. Cell phone lot was full. I must have sat at that spot for like an hour didn't get no pings

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I tried cell phone parking earlier before I stumbled upon that little waiting spot. Cell phone lot was full. I must have sat at that spot for like an hour didn't get no pings
I just keep circling through the airport if the cell phone parking is full. Just cruse at 15mph, youll get a ping.

Or wait at cell phone lot even if there are no spots, just as long as there is no line of cars behind you.

And ive seen a line of cars parking outside of the cell phone lot, and cops dont care. Make sure you stop on the striped yellow pavement on the left side of the road that is past cell phone lot. Or the yellow striped pavement next to cell phone lot. Youll see what i mean when you get there.

Reactions: nononsenserookie

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
You can also drive in to a car rental return parking lot and just chill in the corner somewhere so the Car Rental CSR dont tell you to bugger off. Free parking.
Same high rise building that is used by daily and hourly parking.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Waited an hour??? Hmmm. DCA is usually the easiest ping you'll ever get. It was 1/2 my bread & butter before TNC opt out.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Waited an hour??? Hmmm. DCA is usually the easiest ping you'll ever get. It was 1/2 my bread & butter before TNC opt out.
Thats because he was across the street, siting in the Parks parking lot. Its the worst place to idle for UberX if you want to get a ping from Airport PAX. I see a lot of Uber Black and UberSUVs there all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thats because he was across the street, siting in the Parks parking lot.
He shoulda still been in the FIFO queue. I used to get pinged all the way from home across the river. If it took an hour for a ping, something is def up w/ demand in DC. Sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
He shoulda still been in the FIFO queue. I used to get pinged all the way from home across the river. If it took an hour for a ping, something is def up w/ demand in DC. Sad state of affairs.
There is no FIFO or Que at National for UberX. Thats why i get pings while im at Departure level or at Arrival level.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
There used to be....
Im not that lucky 2 month in the row, 3 times a week.

But i did get a ping from an Air and Space museum in VA while i was in FIFO/Que at Dulles airport. PAX took me back to DC; The Liaison hotel 440 New Jersey Ave.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Im not that lucky 2 month in the row, 3 times a week.

But i did get a ping from an Air and Space museum in VA while i was in FIFO/Que at Dulles airport. PAX took me back to DC; The Liaison hotel 440 New Jersey Ave.
There is a queue at DCA. It moves very quickly. Usually, the driver's waiting at the park are XL or Black SUV's.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
There is a queue at DCA. It moves very quickly. Usually, the driver's waiting at the park are XL or Black SUV's.
If National has a Que, its the fastest Que i have ever seen for UberX; 15sec- 2min.
At Dulles, i have been in Que between 1min to 1 hour.
Next time im at Dulles, im going to break out my swim trunks and take a swim at the Marriots pool.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If National has a Que, its the fastest Que i have ever seen for UberX; 15sec- 2min.
At Dulles, i have been in Que between 1min to 1 hour.
Next time im at Dulles, im going to break out my swim trunks and take a swim at the Marriots pool.
Lol

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Dont tell anyone about it, so we dont get banned from Marriot.

Too late, Uber spies already read this thread.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thats because he was across the street, siting in the Parks parking lot. Its the worst place to idle for UberX if you want to get a ping from Airport PAX. I see a lot of Uber Black and UberSUVs there all the time.
what about the purple geo fence?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts