Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you are the closest driver 15 Minutes away, then why would Uber offer Pool as an option?

Was in Waltham at 8 a.m. today driving near the hotels when Uber hits me with 3 successive Pool requests. First 10 Minutes away, then 13, then 15. Because I ignored them I was taken offline and I lost my destination filter. Went back online and quickly got Uber X pax at hotel 2 minutes away.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are the closest driver 15 Minutes away, then why would Uber offer Pool as an option?

Was in Waltham at 8 a.m. today driving near the hotels when Uber hits me with 3 successive Pool requests. First 10 Minutes away, then 13, then 15. Because I ignored them I was taken offline and I lost my destination filter. Went back online and quickly got Uber X pax at hotel 2 minutes away.
How long was your suspension?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It used to be a few minutes when the app would not let you go back online. Today it let me go back online and got the UberX ride shortly after.
Right but how long was it from the third ride you didn't accept to the ubderx ride? I try not to not accept 3 rides in a row because I see a longer wait time for the next ride. I'm online but wait 10-15 or even 20+ mins because I didn't want to accept bs rides.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was 1-2 minutes. It all happened while driving on the same road. Once Uber figured out I was not going to accept Uber POOL, they sent me an UberX is how i look at it.
I feel the uber computers aren't not that all the time. I've looked passed 3 rides in a in a row multiple times and waited 20-30+ mins for a ride because of it.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I try not to not accept 3 rides in a row because I see a longer wait time for the next ride
You are seriously overthinking this too much, it's just as simple as there's not another rider needing a ride closest to you.

I have declined 6 [F]Pool requests in a row and I see on the rider app that my car disappears I go Offline right away (before [F]Uber does it) and go back Online right away and I get requests without waiting much, some of those requests are still [F]Pool and I still ignore them until an X comes in, the max I've ignored has been 13 [F]Pool requests sort off in a row and I haven't had to wait 20 minutes for my next Ping.

·
Banned
658 Posts
I dropped pax today in Arlington around 6.30. As soon as I ended the trip I was bombarded with pools request from alewife train station. You got to be freaking kidding me to accept trip from alewife at that time of day let alone pool. Usually I never accept trip from last station as you know they are heading toward suburb. But wtf these pax think they will get pool driver to drop them by door at evening at nickel and dime. Do these pax ever get picked up for pool from alewife. I was online till porter square and I probably got 10 pool pings from alewife .

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are seriously overthinking this too much, it's just as simple as there's not another rider needing a ride closest to you.

I have declined 6 [F]Pool requests in a row and I see on the rider app that my car disappears I go Offline right away (before [F]Uber does it) and go back Online right away and I get requests without waiting much, some of those requests are still [F]Pool and I still ignore them until an X comes in, the max I've ignored has been 13 [F]Pool requests sort off in a row and I haven't had to wait 20 minutes for my next Ping.
Ok but the question is why do you have to do that? It seems to be a huge hassle just to get a uberx ride

·
Registered
307 Posts
Late Friday night early Saturday morning (around 4:15am) I think I was the only one still out. I was in South end and getting surge pool pings from 10-20 mins away, let them all go by... Must of been 7-10, no time out.

Then Saturday night on my way into Boston driving through Quincy with destination filter on for Logan, I got 15 POOL REQUESTS IN A ROW! I counted after 3 cause their was so many. Again no time out and cause I didn't accept anything my destination filter was still available for later.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Late Friday night early Saturday morning (around 4:15am) I think I was the only one still out. I was in South end and getting surge pool pings from 10-20 mins away, let them all go by... Must of been 7-10, no time out.

Then Saturday night on my way into Boston driving through Quincy with destination filter on for Logan, I got 15 POOL REQUESTS IN A ROW! I counted after 3 cause their was so many. Again no time out and cause I didn't accept anything my destination filter was still available for later.
I bet you got the same ones a few times. I saw that yesterday. Got 3 pool requests, ignored them all. The same three then repeated through again. I turned off the app and went home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts