Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to thwart the first 3 attempts with a timely delivery of the ol barf bag! No mess, no problem. Ah, but my latest contestant was much more clever than the first 3 slobs! "uh, can you pull over?" Yikes! I sprang into action! Simultaneously, signaling, veering right and reaching for the barf bag equalizer! "Dude no prob, just use this!" I was about to start my victory dance! Tragedy averted again! When he said, "I got it. Just pull over here and I'll step out." Well, what a polite miscreant! How thoughtful! I pull over, he steps out and begins the technicolor yawn! But I notice he's standing straight up! Terrible form! "Dude! Bend over or it will get all over you!" Fortunately he had a pretty good arc going for him! He was barf free.

So, he's doing his thing and I notice with each heave he's wiping his mouth with the brand new t-shirt he'd been carrying when his two buddies loaded him in my car. I'm no rookie. I made a mental note to track the shirt when he gets back in. Curse you hubris! It wasn't until we reached his destination, I noticed he was now sitting on the shirt! He stumbles on his way, t-shirt in tow, "thanks, sorry for the trouble". Then I noticed the 4 inch wet mark on my cloth front pax seat! No particles, but still my barf virginity has been stolen! He got me! Though bummed by his actions, I couldn't help but be impressed by his technique!

Long short, I snap some still lifes that'd put Annie Leibovitz to shame, insert a condensed version of the story above and submit to Uber. Not 10 minutes later, $80 has been added to my last ride along with an apology from Uber. Nice! My conundrum? Barf boy didn't order the ride, his buddy did to get him home safe. I feel bad for him. 80 bucks! I've already got the stain soaking in baking soda and vinegar and don't foresee any problems. So please invisible pals; talk me down from this guilt ledge I'm standing on.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Don't ever feel guilty they should feel guilty they are the ones that vomit in your carI had an a hole the other day puke in my backseat I couldn't even get the fat piece of turd up to get them out of my vehicle finally get to his house and he says sorry so I told him will that's going to cost you 150 bucks he said I'm sorry again and gave me a 50 and said sorry again but do I feel guilty? Hell Hell no

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm new to Ubering and picked up a vomiter the other night. The thread requesting advice is here:
https://uberpeople.net/threads/rider-puked-and-peed-in-my-car.90334/#post-1261776

Ultimately, his friends are responsible for the incident. Once a rider pukes in the car, you can't drive passengers until the mess has been cleaned. There is a cleaning expense for which Uber provides a nominal reimbursement, but the driver does not get paid for the labor of cleaning up the mess, nor does the driver get paid for stopping service. No drives = no pay... and for me that equals no guilt.

·
26,293 Posts
I never let anyone pour someone into my car, be it the cab or UberX car. They are trying to dump their problem on me. If they do not want to deal with a drunk, they need to call someone who is trained to deal with drunks. The name of that is Sheriff's Deputies or Friendly, Local Police. Oh, and do not tell me that you do not want him to "have any problems". They do not want him to have any problems, but not seem to care too much if I have them. Nope, sorry, nope, nope, nope, not interested.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I never let anyone pour someone into my car, be it the cab or UberX car. They are trying to dump their problem on me. If they do not want to deal with a drunk, they need to call someone who is trained to deal with drunks. The name of that is Sheriff's Deputies or Friendly, Local Police. Oh, and do not tell me that you do not want him to "have any problems". They do not want him to have any problems, but not seem to care too much if I have them. Nope, sorry, nope, nope, nope, not interested.
I agree- drunks are expected but if someone can't both walk and talk, they can't ride with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts