Uber Drivers Forum banner

Had my first "negative" pax interaction last night.

1K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  Taipan 
#1 ·
I've been driving for about three weeks and I'm already starting to become an asshole. Lord give me strength.

I was pinged, the pin was in a parking garage. I called the pax and asked them their exact location because you know, sometimes the pin is in weird places. She was rude and told me if my navigation couldn't find her then she would just cancel because I was her fifth uber, the other four couldn't find her either. I stated if she would just let me know where she was I was confident I would find her, since it said I was right there.

She proceeded to be rude, I then told her that if now five uber drivers couldn't find her, we weren't the problem she was, and that maybe she should MOVE somewhere so she could finally be picked up. Then I hung up and she cancelled the trip. :D :D :D

Oy vey. I didn't want to become like some of y'all, but clearly it's a work hazard!

#4 ·
I've been driving for about three weeks and I'm already starting to become an asshole. Lord give me strength.

I was pinged, the pin was in a parking garage. I called the pax and asked them their exact location because you know, sometimes the pin is in weird places. She was rude and told me if my navigation couldn't find her then she would just cancel because I was her fifth uber, the other four couldn't find her either. I stated if she would just let me know where she was I was confident I would find her, since it said I was right there.

She proceeded to be rude, I then told her that if now five uber drivers couldn't find her, we weren't the problem she was, and that maybe she should MOVE somewhere so she could finally be picked up. Then I hung up and she cancelled the trip. :D :D :D

Oy vey. I didn't want to become like some of y'all, but clearly it's a work hazard!
You done good grasshopper. It is best to cancel rude pax before they get in your car.

#9 ·

Good job!

#11 ·
If you get close enough to the pin where the app thinks you've arrived then just let the 5 min pass and collect your $4. And text her detailing your location in case she disputes it you'll have proof you tried. If you do pick her up you'll be giving her the pleasure of 1* your arse. no smoothing over that fact. All In all you did good.

#13 ·
I had a pool pick up sometime ago at the Fox Hills Mall, and I also had a current pool pax in my car. So I get to the pin which was outside of the food court on the top level and waited. She calls me, (bluetooth to the car), I answer and she starts to explain to me where she is, and then asks if I knew where it was, I said no i don't know where that it. I replied to her saying I'm at the pin, top level outside the food court. A long pause, meanwhile the other pax is silently laughing at her. she then asks are you coming to get me, I tell her I'm at the pin, and I don't know where she is at.

I just replied to her, I'm at the pin outside the foodcourt doors waiting for you. She hangs up and cancels. The other pax in my car starts going off on how stuipd she was not come to where I was at. He even said that she's suppose to find me, not the other way around.

#17 ·
This was not your fault and your not an asshole. If five drivers could not find her then there is a problem with her location and the address used. Also with an attitude like the one she gave you I would have told her she now has six drivers that couldn't find her. Chin up and don't stress you did nothing wrong! :confused:

#20 ·

I think you've got lucky. If you had given her a ride, people like that would very likely to 1 * you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.