Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two stand out fares from today, both were X calls

First fare was from N21 and grace to old towne pburg, paid 33 dollars

Second fare was from pburg to a military base in Norfolk(I hold a CAC so no issues) .

Total fare was 118 dollars and I did the trip in about 85 mins.

Just wanted to share with those would wondered how much a trip to either area pay

·
Registered
278 Posts
Downside to both of those trips is the likelihood of "dead" miles back to Richmond.

I have had a couple of trips from RVA to Hampton Roads in the past but I've always turned my app off and just deadheaded back home. When you factor in the time and the empty miles home, the net dollars per hour work out pretty similar to running the equivalent number of local trips in that time frame.

You got lucky with a ping in Petersburg - it doesn't seem like there's much demand down there to begin with.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Downside to both of those trips is the likelihood of "dead" miles back to Richmond.

I have had a couple of trips from RVA to Hampton Roads in the past but I've always turned my app off and just deadheaded back home. When you factor in the time and the empty miles home, the net dollars per hour work out pretty similar to running the equivalent number of local trips in that time frame.

You got lucky with a ping in Petersburg - it doesn't seem like there's much demand down there to begin with.
yeah i was surprised by the Petersburg ping but i've seen cars in that area before, I asked the pax my standard ?'s of how long you've been ubering and etc

she told me she takes a uber to and from Va beach every weekend and that she has never had an issue getting a vehicle in petersburg

I needed to swing by a relatives house in hampton anyway so it was just my luck to ended up on a trip, I also got a ping soon as i dropped her off but i ignored it as I needed to get to hampton and then back to RVA

I was driving my honda odyssey that weekend which gets strangely high mpgs on the highway so the 27-29 mpg on the way there and back helped keep my cost down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts