Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many complaints before my driver status goes under review ?

These complaints are garbage. I know exactly where they came from and who generated them.

Both were kids (teenagers). Both pickup locations were in Etobicoke on the west mall (shitty area).

One was Navigation complaint. I always follow waze or uber gps. The kids told me to take a different route (on a 4 minute trip....) after I passed the intersection and was basically on the on ramp to the highway. One of the riders (another teenager was rude). I waited over 5 minutes to pick up these asswipes cause I'm a nice guy. I feel like the girl complained as a preemptive move cAUSE her brother was very rude to me and she wanted to protect her account by making it seem I was the bad guy. Of course I gave her five stars. Big mistake

The other teenager was a pool Pickup in west mall condo complex. Complicated area. I was at the exact pin point location showing the street number. Customer didn't show. Cancelled. Customer was charged the cancellation fee. Got another ping. Same customer. Connected this time. And this ******* files a pick up complaint against me cause he's pissed off he wasn't at the pin drop location and blamed me.

Both teenagers. Both in Etobicoke in the west mall area. Both at night.

It's bullshit. No more driving there

·
Registered
912 Posts
Don't sweat it at all. Even top drivers have "complaints" against them, it's just normal that you can't please everyone.

I have 2 complaints, 1 for "professionalism" and 1 for "navigation".

Wanna know how I got these?

Navigation. Drove to the address in downtown Oakville, it was a restaurant. Waited 2 minutes, no one is out, I quickly text "Hello, I am here outside [restaurant name]. No response. I wait 3 minutes and leave. Get pinged again from a different address nearby, same guy. I pull up to a different restaurant in under 1 minute, he's outside, we start the trip, I did not feel the need to explain anything to him. "Navigation" issue quickly popped right after.

Professionalism. Rider is 4.6x. Girl and her bf come out of a house after good 3 minutes. I start the trip, confirm the address and start moving. Not 10 seconds pass, pax goes "We'll have to make a stop at the A&W", to which I quickly respond "I don't do stops". She asks: "You don't do stops? Drop me right back then". I drop her off, since the trip was too short uber only allows to cancel it, Professionalism issue pops within a minute :))

Don't sweat it, unless you have 5 of each, you have nothing to worry about at all.

EDIT: For the Navigation issue guy, I did collect the $3.25 cancellation fee, however, after I still took him to his destination, I emailed uber, explained the situation and had them reimburse this guy $5.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Don't sweat it at all. Even top drivers have "complaints" against them, it's just normal that you can't please everyone.

Navigation. Drove to the address in downtown Oakville, it was a restaurant. Waited 2 minutes, no one is out, I quickly text "Hello, I am here outside [restaurant name]. No response. I wait 3 minutes and leave. Get pinged again from a different address nearby, same guy. I pull up to a different restaurant in under 1 minute, he's outside, we start the trip, I did not feel the need to explain anything to him. "Navigation" issue quickly popped right after.

Professionalism. Rider is 4.6x. Girl and her bf come out of a house after good 3 minutes. I start the trip, confirm the address and start moving. Not 10 seconds pass, pax goes "We'll have to make a stop at the A&W", to which I quickly respond "I don't do stops". She asks: "You don't do stops? Drop me right back then". I drop her off, since the trip was too short uber only allows to cancel it, Professionalism issue pops within a minute :))

Don't sweat it, unless you have 5 of each, you have nothing to worry about at all.

EDIT: For the Navigation issue guy, I did collect the $3.25 cancellation fee, however, after I still took him to his destination, I emailed uber, explained the situation and had them reimburse this guy $5.
If pax ask for stops, I politely reply saying it's against Uber's policy. Either they update addresses on the app for multiple destinations (Without wait times) or its straight from A to B.

No way I'm making a food stop for anyone. Do they not understand we're on the clock? Why should we waste 10 minutes of our time waiting for their A&W or McDonalds. We only get payed a few dimes per minute for waiting.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You deserve an award for that. Only time I do stops is if the surge is 2.5x or higher.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts

U told u that u r top driver , just another noob

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
how many complaints before my driver status goes under review ?

These complaints are garbage. I know exactly where they came from and who generated them.

Both were kids (teenagers). Both pickup locations were in Etobicoke on the west mall (shitty area).

One was Navigation complaint. I always follow waze or uber gps. The kids told me to take a different route (on a 4 minute trip....) after I passed the intersection and was basically on the on ramp to the highway. One of the riders (another teenager was rude). I waited over 5 minutes to pick up these asswipes cause I'm a nice guy. I feel like the girl complained as a preemptive move cAUSE her brother was very rude to me and she wanted to protect her account by making it seem I was the bad guy. Of course I gave her five stars. Big mistake

The other teenager was a pool Pickup in west mall condo complex. Complicated area. I was at the exact pin point location showing the street number. Customer didn't show. Cancelled. Customer was charged the cancellation fee. Got another ping. Same customer. Connected this time. And this ******* files a pick up complaint against me cause he's pissed off he wasn't at the pin drop location and blamed me.

Both teenagers. Both in Etobicoke in the west mall area. Both at night.

It's bullshit. No more driving there
If you cancel on a pool, don't accept the same one again. Theyre obviously gonna know who it was.

·
Registered
49 Posts
higher the ratings bigger the sucker driver. after 5min. on a stopwatch, cancel and dont look back even if its a diff name same address. hit arrived exactly 1 min prior to arrival to be safe.
never stop in a no stop zone. id cancel those, since uber entitlists cant seem to walk much. or even cross roads

·
Registered
713 Posts
higher the ratings bigger the sucker driver. after 5min. on a stopwatch, cancel and dont look back even if its a diff name same address. hit arrived exactly 1 min prior to arrival to be safe.
never stop in a no stop zone. id cancel those, since uber entitlists cant seem to walk much. or even cross roads
You're not in the money making business eh. Just wear and tear on your car business?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Set a timer on your phone for 5:00 and NEVER call or message them. They know you have arrived and can see exactly where you are. If they dont show after 3:00 it is a guaranteed they are rude F-'s anyways. Keep your finger on the cancel trigger after that, and at 5:00 hit it.

I learned this lesson in my first week. I hear Uber has changed the limit to 3:00 in some areas, needs to be like that everywhere!

·
Registered
22 Posts
You hit arrived and then cancel after 5:00 no show? I wasnt aware of a "arrived" button do you mean start trip? and if so doesnt that indicate the pax is in the car and the trip cant be cancelled?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.