Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No they talked to you after they called a ride, it was Uber’s passenger to drivers calling system that they used and pretended to be support. The call said it was from the rider, you didn’t pay attention, somewhere it said the call was from the rider, that’s how they do it. They use a riders account, call the driver after they ordered a ride and proceed with said scam. The smart drivers keep them on the phone and then proceed to completed the ride and get money off these scammers as they’ll never contest the ride charges since they are too scared they’ll get in trouble for being a scammer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No they talked to you after they called a ride, it was Uber’s passenger to drivers calling system that they used and pretended to be support. The call said it was from the rider, you didn’t pay attention, somewhere it said the call was from the rider, that’s how they do it. They use a riders account, call the driver after they ordered a ride and proceed with said scam. The smart drivers keep them on the phone and then proceed to completed the ride and get money off these scammers as they’ll never contest the ride charges since they are too scared they’ll get in trouble for being a scammer
They did not call me,they just text me,have a

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Actually they did not call me,they just text me,the text had a title of Uber Support.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You just fell for the oldest scam in Uber. Never give any information to someone calling form Uber support, if it really was support they would have all that information already. Go to the greeenlight hub, maybe they can help you there, they took all the money you had on your driver account already. Maybe at the GLH they can help get it back too. Never ever give your password to anyone including support, they’ll never ask for it and only scammers will try.

By the way you weren’t hacked, you were scammed since they got all the information from you and simply logged in, hacking involves doing stuff that the program wasn’t normally suppose to do, I hacked my car so now it’s in HomeKit and I can start my car now by saying hey Siri, start my car, the manufacture has no support for Siri so I hacked it by writing a program for it and made it work. That’s real hacking, this was a scam

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
I'm glad you're getting it fixed. Too bad you lost that $1700. I hope you've reported the compromised credit card so you don't incur additional costs from illegal charges made with it.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
ProTip. Many people use the same email and password for multiple apps so better change ALL of your online sites that use the same email and password.
Very good advice. I was using the same few passwords everywhere. A couple months back a hacker started messing with me and I had to run around changing passwords and setting up OTP/2-Step Verification all over the Internet. This hacker got my ISP to reset my password over a dozen times. Even though I have a verified phone number, a pin number and called then to tell them to stop resetting my password for the hacker. Some of the gig-economy apps I have accounts with simply gave over my password when asked for it by the hacker.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Actually they did not call me,they just text me,the text had a title of Uber Support.
Uber Support:
You have fallen for a scam. I hope they can get your cash back, anyone can title a text just like I did here, doesn’t mean it really is that person. They are getting better at tricking people but it’s not Uber support, they don’t contact you ever in text messages, they have a message system in the app under help and at the bottom, that’s where the official messages come from, the message you got was a text message from the rider/driver texting system. It does come in app but not under the support system, it’s under your riders info during the ride, both are in app but two different systems. They made it look like the other official support system and tricked you. Also every time Uber support contacts you they send an email along with it. If you weren’t getting the emails then it’s not Uber support, it’s a rider texting you during a ride

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Uber Support:
You have fallen for a scam. I hope they can get your cash back, anyone can title a text just like I did here, doesn’t mean it really is that person. They are getting better at tricking people but it’s not Uber support, they don’t contact you ever in text messages, they have a message system in the app under help and at the bottom, that’s where the official messages come from, the message you got was a text message from the rider/driver texting system. It does come in app but not under the support system, it’s under your riders info during the ride, both are in app but two different systems. They made it look like the other official support system and tricked you. Also every time Uber support contacts you they send an email along with it. If you weren’t getting the emails then it’s not Uber support, it’s a rider texting you during a ride
Uber Support:
Can you help me to recover my account?I had waiting outside Uber Hub at Redondo beach since 9:15,all other people that don’t have schedule had go inside,except me,they just keep asking me to wait.

·
Premium Member
12,251 Posts
Can you help me to recover my account?I had waiting outside Uber Hub at Redondo beach since 9:15,all other people that don’t have schedule had go inside,except me,they just keep asking me to wait.
It's because no body wants to be the one to tell you that:
1) Your money is gone, gone, gone ...
2) Your acct is being used by someone else,
3) The entire incident is being investigated and we will let you know, and
4) Don't call us, we'll call you.

You gave away the keys to the kingdom, and now Uber needs to consider if you are responsible enough to get new keys.

Apply to Lyft ... go forth and be smarter.

/

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Nope, I can’t help you, only Uber can help you, and more then likely it’s going to difficult if not impossible to get your cash back. Just wait it out and hopefully they can help you

What Uber needs to do is suspend any transfers to new accounts added for 72 hours, that way if what happens to you it’ll stop the scammers from getting your cash so fast, why Uber hasn’t done this is stupid

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, what ever happened?! Did you ever gain entrance to the hub to speak with The Wizard?Were they able to restore your original driver’s account and did you get your money back???

21 - 36 of 36 Posts