Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I drive Uber in LA,this evening a received a rider in Downtown LA,when I was driving to the pick up location,I received a message from the title(Uber Surport),said that I will go to deleiver a important things,and will received 300 dollars in cash,ask me to stop and talk a photo of myself,ask my phone number and email address,than the Uber app turn black(log out),And I cannot login anymore,cause they change my password,email address and even the phone number,I think they will transfer the money that I got these days,so please don’t give any information to any body,evee Even if they said they are from Uber surport,I think they hack my Uber rider app too,cause I can’t login anymore,my credit card information is inside there,by the way,is anybody know how to recover the driver’s account?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot login to my account anymore,and can’t even contact to Uber because the hacker change my email and phone number.

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
Hi,I drive Uber in LA,this evening a received a rider in Downtown LA,when I was driving to the pick up location,I received a message from the title(Uber Surport),said that I will go to deleiver a important things,and will received 300 dollars in cash,ask me to stop and talk a photo of myself,ask my phone number and email address,than the Uber app turn black(log out),And I cannot login anymore,cause they change my password,email address and even the phone number,I think they will transfer the money that I got these days,so please don’t give any information to any body,evee Even if they said they are from Uber surport,I think they hack my Uber rider app too,cause I can’t login anymore,my credit card information is inside there,by the way,is anybody know how to recover the driver’s account?
You'll have to goto a greenlight hub to
regain control over your account
NEVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
You just fell for the oldest scam in Uber. Never give any information to someone calling form Uber support, if it really was support they would have all that information already. Go to the greeenlight hub, maybe they can help you there, they took all the money you had on your driver account already. Maybe at the GLH they can help get it back too. Never ever give your password to anyone including support, they’ll never ask for it and only scammers will try.

By the way you weren’t hacked, you were scammed since they got all the information from you and simply logged in, hacking involves doing stuff that the program wasn’t normally suppose to do, I hacked my car so now it’s in HomeKit and I can start my car now by saying hey Siri, start my car, the manufacture has no support for Siri so I hacked it by writing a program for it and made it work. That’s real hacking, this was a scam

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
They talked to me through Uner’s app,And the title was from Uber surport.
No they talked to you after they called a ride, it was Uber’s passenger to drivers calling system that they used and pretended to be support. The call said it was from the rider, you didn’t pay attention, somewhere it said the call was from the rider, that’s how they do it. They use a riders account, call the driver after they ordered a ride and proceed with said scam. The smart drivers keep them on the phone and then proceed to completed the ride and get money off these scammers as they’ll never contest the ride charges since they are too scared they’ll get in trouble for being a scammer

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
The customer who you were on your way to pick up played you.

You need to go to your closest greenlight hub, if there is one in your area, and show them your ID and get everything straightened out.

Never give out your name, email address, or phone number or you will be hacked. Never let a customer use your phone or you will be hacked.

If someone calls Uber customer support and provides those key identifiers Uber will reassign your account to the person providing the new information. It is that stupidly easy to hack an Uber account.

All app-based earnings go to an online account I set up for this very purpose. All ride share expenses are purchased with the debit card for that online account. I only allow minimal amounts of money to sit in that account to minimize my losses should I actually get hacked.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The first mistake you made was turning on the Uber app. The second was accepting a trip. After those two bad choices you are on your own.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,141 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting a reminder of these on going scams. Unfortunately it happens often and unless you were an active reader of this forum you very well would have no way of knowing about this scam. Now take it as a life lesson and apply it to every aspect of your life, scammers are everywhere and use many methods to scam people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think around 1,400,I am outside Uber Hub now,waiting for them to open the door,hope I can recover my account.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

You need to go to your closest greenlight hub, if there is one in your area, and show them your ID and get everything straightened out.

Never give out your name, email address, or phone number or you will be hacked. Never let a customer use your phone or you will be hacked.

If someone calls Uber customer support and provides those key identifiers Uber will reassign your account to the person providing the new information. It is that stupidly easy to hack an Uber account.

All app-based earnings go to an online account I set up for this very purpose. All ride share expenses are purchased with the debit card for that online account. I only allow minimal amounts of money to sit in that account to minimize my losses should I actually get hacked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you very much for your information,it’s really very helpful,how I can recover my account today,I need the earning to pay my bill,appreciate your help.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts