Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
When I sat renewed my Annual H & R policy the price of 2 x Quarterly policies was quite close to the cost of an Annual policy.

Quarterly policies never used to be so expensive compared to Annuals back in early 2000's

I suspect that the Insurance brokers have their fingers in the pie too, not just the insurance companies.

Brokers definitely getting greedier

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
I found it way cheaper for whole year

·
Registered
330 Posts
So what happens when you go to renew your phv? Any current h/r policy or has to be for 1 year of the licence?

·
Registered
843 Posts
When I sat renewed my Annual H & R policy the price of 2 x Quarterly policies was quite close to the cost of an Annual policy.

Quarterly policies never used to be so expensive compared to Annuals back in early 2000's

I suspect that the Insurance brokers have their fingers in the pie too, not just the insurance companies.

Brokers definitely getting greedier
I think it's lot more to do with a lot more inexperienced drives doing PH and this being down to Uber turning over a lot more drivers I was paying 635
a year in 2005 full no claims H & R I lost my bonus as I left PH not long after and only joined back with Uber coming along paid 2300 for my first year ouch and was only down to 1500 on third year might rejoin ph in year half just to keep the no claims and see if it's got better or worse.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Uber did say once that they have insurance in place if it turned out the driver did not have insurance but still would mean you would be sued and loose your home without the insurance plus fine ban etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts