·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm not sticking on of those in my car so the passenger tip tip me or VUGO

Reactions: UberXTampa

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just put a sign in mirror that tips are optional but never included.
And say water is $1/bottle if they want free water they need to pay more then .75c per mile.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally, if I provided water, snacks, etc, I would not charge for it. It's a courtesy. You are telling people who you are right off the bat - a generous person. People tip if they like you and your service. As a traveler, I'm often tired or rushed and it makes you feel good to have a nice courtesy that's something as simple as water. I have always tipped such drivers because they show that they care. I reward kindness. On one ride I was in pain from a long walk and amazingly, my driver had Advil! He offered it to me with water...no charge! You can bet he got a nice tip from me! I was very impressed. My Uber drivers (and Lyft, too) have made the ride special. They are more like human beings than a 'business." You make yourself stand out when you set up an atmosphere that is not just about making money. Again, this is just my personal feeling and what I would do. Not judging anyone if they want to charge for snacks. Just a word to the wise - people will be more likely to be generous to you if you are generous to them. Not all of course. But many.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i
Personally, if I provided water, snacks, etc, I would not charge for it. It's a courtesy. You are telling people who you are right off the bat - a generous person. People tip if they like you and your service. As a traveler, I'm often tired or rushed and it makes you feel good to have a nice courtesy that's something as simple as water. I have always tipped such drivers because they show that they care. I reward kindness. On one ride I was in pain from a long walk and amazingly, my driver had Advil! He offered it to me with water...no charge! You can bet he got a nice tip from me! I was very impressed. My Uber drivers (and Lyft, too) have made the ride special. They are more like human beings than a 'business." You make yourself stand out when you set up an atmosphere that is not just about making money. Again, this is just my personal feeling and what I would do. Not judging anyone if they want to charge for snacks. Just a word to the wise - people will be more likely to be generous to you if you are generous to them. Not all of course. But many.
i'm guessing you tip your waiter/barkeep, etc. sub 15% unless they give you a 1hour massage.

Reactions: F1000

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you think im unawa
Majority of countries do not tip. US is outdated in this regard (just like the imperial system), being on the same level as Qatar and UAE.
https://atravellerswishlist.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/wego-where-to-tip-infographic.jpg?w=714

Come to Sydney and try to tip... Try.
if you think im unaware of this, go yourself. be that as it may, tipping is a big deal in the states. waiters and bartenders are paid $2.13/hr by employer, it's understood that the people that actually cater to get tipped. dont expect uber to intrude on restaurant/hotels, etc in the way theyve done business for over a hundred years and up a bellhop's hourly wage to make up the bulk of his income.

Reactions: MarkR

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
The tip option comes with ads though. And you have to buy a tablet
The ads give the pax something to read and gives my tablet something to do other than sit in the house waiting for me to take it on vacation. I will definitely look into this I actually might have a legit use for my tablet that I've had for a year.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
You make a valid point. It is just hard to go the extra mile, when the fares are so low. I try to stay positive. People do tip and really make me feel good now and then. The UBER CEO basically tells riders not to tip. That's a real ****** move on his part. But he may be smarter than I realize. Trust in UBER

1 - 20 of 40 Posts