Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(This also goes for drunk male riders. This story happens to be about a male driver and a female rider.)

Sadly I feel the need to share this story as a reminder of minimum moral standards that everyone should adhere to.

Picked up three college-age female tourists right at Hollywood and Highland and they directed me to their Airbnb in Culver City. They all attend a Christian college in the midwest. One of the women, a twenty year-old, was texting with some production guy on a popular reality show who was attempting to go out with her that night. By what she was reading his texts aloud it sounded like the guy didn’t want her friends with her and wanted her alone. She explained to him that she had a bad experience with an Uber driver the night before and she’s feeling really un-trusting of men at the moment so she declined.

Of course I asked her to explain what happened with the Uber driver. All the women chimed in as to what happened.

They all got drunk at a bar and they ordered the Uber to get back to their rented apartment. Apparently they struck up a friendly conversation with the male driver. They said he looked at least thirty years old. According to them it was obvious they were very inebriated. The twenty year-old invited him into the apartment and go in their hot tub with them. Seeing an opportunity, he quickly said yes but he needed to go home first to pick up his swim trunks. When he showed up about twenty minutes later, only the twenty year-old was in the hot tub and the other two girls lost interest. The driver joined her.

In the tub the driver quickly became very touchy and started kissing her. She said she felt uncomfortable with his aggressiveness and stopped him and told him she didn’t want to have sex. He said it’s okay as he just went home to get his condom. She re-iterated she didn’t want sex. He seemed to respect that but soon started to touch her private parts and placed his lips on hers. Despite feeling like she was about to pass out, she had the presence of mind to push him away and got out of the tub quickly and asked him to leave. He barely masked his anger but he did leave.

The girl was in tears as she was describing this. She wouldn’t have had any interest in the guy sober. Although she still managed to stop the driver from getting what he wanted, she felt both violated and ashamed. Getting drunk is one thing, but trying to take advantage of that drunk person is an entirely different matter. I assured her that there was nothing to be ashamed about and the driver was completely wrong to try to take advantage of her in that state.

One of the other young women said the ride with that driver was officially hers and the driver still charged her for his solo ride home and back to the apartment. Yes, this driver charged her for his condom run.

I showed all of them exactly how to report the driver on the rider app and strongly urged them to do so.

This is a time to remind drivers that when someone gets in your car, they have to trust that you will get them to where they want to be safely without having to worry about any advances from the driver, especially if their judgement is impaired. If you make advances of any kind on your somewhat captive rider, you are wrong and you shouldn’t be in this line of work. If you try to sexually take advantage of a drunk passenger, you’re an *******. I don’t care if the drunk rider literally asks you to have sex with them, you're still an *******. Period.

I know most of you are not like this driver, but for the few who’s moral compass might not be fully developed, let this be a directive to always do the right thing.

·
Banned
612 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
He dropped them off, left and then came back. When he returned he was no longer their uber driver he was a stranger they met on a uber ride. They had the choice not to let him into the apartment. Although I agree he was in the wrong to continue to charge them for the trip to his house and back. He did leave and didnt push it past no means no. All parties in this stories (except for the op) are in the wrong.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Thread name has sh!t-all to do with content

So, basically, Christian College chick managed to get away from their controlling environment and dialed to partying up to 11

Who the hell invites a dude they just mey, by accident, twice their age, into a hot tub, then shows up alone and sends mixed messages???

And what's this all got to do with taking advantage of female riders??? These girls gone wild stopped being his customers and called him over for a socio-sexual rendezvous

·
Premium Member
2020 Ram Limited.
25,032 Posts
On the job I've been propositioned hundreds of times
Yeah ! Really hundreds !

I'm not a saint BUT

Overly friendly female customers used to call me while with my wife

My wife : is that the type of work relation you have with your female customers ???

Me : you have nothing to worry about
Bussiness comes first
I would not risk my bussiness / reputation
Not worth it

LOL! One time my wife and we're getting back home from a night out
I get a phone call from a waitress on her night off
We pick her up from a bar
I introduce my wife to her
All is going good till
At time of drop off from the back seat she reaches over and she straight plants a 2 second very sexual kiss on my cheek

My wife it frozen looking at me !!!
She took it well
But said I can only imagin what happens when I'm not here

Me : I'm the one in control here nothing will happen

Morale don't mix bussiness with pleasure

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I tell you the album record As a L.A yellow cab driver. Really you need to learn how to survive on the road. I always say Driving is not a hobby is a Job... You need to learn how to deal every escenario

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you don't want to get hit on like a wh*ore then don't act like one.

Sorry, don't blame the driver. Girls invited him in to hot tub. Am I missing something here?? Driver got a bad rap.

If they didn't find him attractive they would've never invited him in. Sorry, if you don't want a guy to make an advancement you don't invite him inside in the wee hours of the night/morning.

Honestly, either the girls are really stupid or didn't get what they wanted from the guy and are now playing the victim role.

So tired of reading bull shit news about the poor girls. This is just stupid.

I've been at parties were girls will go from guy to guy throughout the night. There's always one the next morning that has regrets, that wants to lay a victim role. It's BS.

If any of the girls at these parties were too far gone the guys would not have continued.

Sorry I've seen too much of this BS in my life.

With that being said, I've been offered allot of different things by women while driving for uber. But I am older and wiser. Not gullable and stupid. I would never play into it as most drivers are smarter than that and realize most likely you'll just be set up. Keep it professional, I agree. The girls will flirt and if they don't get it the way they want it, they'll play the victim role.

On a side note the driver had to go home and get trunks? Like they didn't have something he could wear in the tub. Oh wait, he went to get condoms. Serious, who would go home to get condoms? 7-11, am/pm. Story doesn't wash.

If you don't want to get hit on by a guy then don't invite him into a hit tub. Asking any person into your home is an open invitation that says I want to be your friend maybe more

The fact that they would invite someone into their house after only knowing him for about 15 minutes tells me they are full of sh*it.

Two sides to every story and then there's the truth.

So many stories out there about the wrong message was sent. Give me a break. What a joke.
I somewhat disagree with you. First sense people lose when they get drunk is judgement. This is a fact according to the dmv when i took my motorcycle test. I also can confirm it because when a gal has a little too much to drink, they start hitting on me.

Women are conservative drinkers because they cannot handle alcohol the same as a man.

We can argue that it's their fault for getting drunk in the first place, and if they got behind the wheel and caused an accident that no mercy would have been given. But do you want to fight charges of rape and forceful entering or restraining?

I wholeheartedly agree with you about us drivers keeping it professional and not letting our inner desires getting the best of us.

·
Registered
632 Posts
TLDR: 3 drunk girls invite Uber driver to play in hot tub, Uber driver obliges, 2 of the girls leave their friend to be alone with stranger, girl tells guy to get lost after make out session.

What part of this is confusing fellas? It's pretty damn clear that the guy was in the wrong and girls were the victim. The guy must also be drunk for it to be kosher. Err... wait, that's no longer the case nowadays. Girls are perpetual victims.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Spur of the moment, they were hot (horny) and ready to go. This fool should have literally jumped in for a quick wham bam thank you ma'am.

Coming back when the party is over and over staying his welcome, he better be praying for not getting arrested.
I agree with that. When you are invited in go. Coming back later is a mood killer. Mine as well not comeback at all. He should've sealed the deal in the beginning then got the hell out of dodge

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
One of the other young women said the ride with that driver was officially hers and the driver still charged her for his solo ride home and back to the apartment. Yes, this driver charged her for his condom run.
Keeping the Uber meter running after drop-off while he drives back home and returns, solo, is certainly one way to up a fare. But that seems about as believable as the idea of three visiting Christian college students inviting a stranger into a their Airbnb hot tub.

1 - 20 of 287 Posts