Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I wanted to share my experience with everyone . First of all im a new driver,only driving since 2months.maybe you guys realised it or not that you get punished for ignoring Uber pools and also reporting pax to Uber. When I started I only wanted to drive for uber and was only driving Uber and made 1400 first week 1300 the second and so on( it was fair enough).so I had a pax who wanted me to make uturn in manhattan because she was getting late I refused and by end of trip I had my first one star plus all the issues reported to Uber like poor navigation ,dirty car ,unprofessional and unsafe all those issues there was.i told Uber that it is unfair how I got one star.my ratings dropped from perfect 5 to 4.50.but the second and third week I built it back up to 4.84.

my second one star was from a rude uberpool pax who was on the phone whole time and she suddenly tells me to make a turn, I followed her direction and she realized she made a mistake so she started to be a vitch and argued that I made a wrong turn,I told her I did what u have told me to and you can't blame me for that,she threatened me that y
I will give u one star,I said ok then you will one star too. I reported her to Uber that she was rude and told my side of story but to no avail.and ratings dropped again. And there was also a third person i picked in pool with rating of 4.30 that I reported to Uber (I don't want to share bcuz it's embarrassing).
After that report I was mostly getting Uber pools. And few Uber x calls my income dropped
Out of frustration I messaged Uber that why am I being penalized and why I keep getting Uber pools and few x calls.and if that's how they are going to treat me I will sign up for other alternatives.
I didn't get a response from uber.

But after that now I barely get any call and when I get it it's only from pools with pax who has very low ratings.since last two weeks I had only 3 Uber x pings,and this is in NYC the most busiest place to drive.

Now I signed up for Lyft and Juno and drive for them too and now I make decent amount of money sometimes more than when only driving for uber.Iturn all 3 apps on only barely I get a ping from Uber and only accept Uber pool when it's surging.
But I figured Uber does punish you for ignoring pools and also for giving one stars to pax and then reporting them.

But it's too bad for Uber bcause that's how they are and will lose drivers day by day.

What do you guys think.??

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Uber is an analytics company at heart. If they can turn it into a metric, believe me it is monitored, tracked and action taken.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Well now they changed the algorithms, only new drivers get pax with high ratings no matter how far they are.
Incorrect, most important factor is value ($ x freq) of pax. Those pax get priority match to drivers who match top profiles. Profile over time matters

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes and new drivers are perfect 5 star ratings. Oh and i forgot to say that Lyft changed my ratings I went 5 to 4.4. I messaged them and they changed it back to 5.uber doesn't do that.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Yes and new drivers are perfect 5 star ratings. Oh and i forgot to say that Lyft changed my ratings I went 5 to 4.4. I messaged them and they changed it back to 5.uber doesn't do that.
Why would they. Pax deserve to know who the good drivers are and who the crappy ones are

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Hey guys
I wanted to share my experience with everyone . First of all im a new driver,only driving since 2months.maybe you guys realised it or not that you get punished for ignoring Uber pools and also reporting pax to Uber. When I started I only wanted to drive for uber and was only driving Uber and made 1400 first week 1300 the second and so on( it was fair enough).so I had a pax who wanted me to make uturn in manhattan because she was getting late I refused and by end of trip I had my first one star plus all the issues reported to Uber like poor navigation ,dirty car ,unprofessional and unsafe all those issues there was.i told Uber that it is unfair how I got one star.my ratings dropped from perfect 5 to 4.50.but the second and third week I built it back up to 4.84.

my second one star was from a rude uberpool pax who was on the phone whole time and she suddenly tells me to make a turn, I followed her direction and she realized she made a mistake so she started to be a vitch and argued that I made a wrong turn,I told her I did what u have told me to and you can't blame me for that,she threatened me that y
I will give u one star,I said ok then you will one star too. I reported her to Uber that she was rude and told my side of story but to no avail.and ratings dropped again. And there was also a third person i picked in pool with rating of 4.30 that I reported to Uber (I don't want to share bcuz it's embarrassing).
After that report I was mostly getting Uber pools. And few Uber x calls my income dropped
Out of frustration I messaged Uber that why am I being penalized and why I keep getting Uber pools and few x calls.and if that's how they are going to treat me I will sign up for other alternatives.
I didn't get a response from uber.

But after that now I barely get any call and when I get it it's only from pools with pax who has very low ratings.since last two weeks I had only 3 Uber x pings,and this is in NYC the most busiest place to drive.

Now I signed up for Lyft and Juno and drive for them too and now I make decent amount of money sometimes more than when only driving for uber.Iturn all 3 apps on only barely I get a ping from Uber and only accept Uber pool when it's surging.
But I figured Uber does punish you for ignoring pools and also for giving one stars to pax and then reporting them.

But it's too bad for Uber bcause that's how they are and will lose drivers day by day.

What do you guys think.??
Why did you pick up a 4.3 rated rider?

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
Why did you pick up a 4.3 rated rider?
I second that.

I found out the hard way to not pick up anyone under a 4.5...... all she did was complain and complain and said i didnt offer chips or candy or soda and blah blah blah. I said " I am not a mini mart, if yoh want candy go buy some. This ride is now over please step out of my vehicle and request another driver." 1 star for her and requested uber never pair me with her.

I have made 4 complaints about PAX 106 ratings and at a 4.92. No uber pool in sacramento tho.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Unfortunately Uber has a seemingly unlimited pool of desperate drivers available who can fill the spots of the good ones who leave. Mpls Uber blogs report the airport has a line of 100 drivers for 2 often short fares a day.
Yeah I think the OP is not even a blimp on their radar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts