Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all UPN Folks and glad tidings. As the third quarter draws to a close, I trust all of you are finalizing your year-end financial statements and concluding another fantastically successful and rewarding year with the GUber, making "Life Changing Money"!!

But seriously, it is also that time of year for your nominees for the GUber Drone, Troll of the Year Award, the TOTY's. First, a few simple ground rulz.

Q1) What is a GUber Drone Troll?
A1) A GUD Ttroll is a special sub-genus of internet forum trolls. It is a unique, monotonous, and often robotic like creature that inhabits this forum as a direct, and most likely compensated, "agent" of GUber. Management employee, PR department flack, marketing agency hack, paid poster, etc., etc.

Q2) Why are they called "GUber Drone" Trolls?"
A2) Well, this is to distinguish them from the several other species of trolls that inhabit this and any other internet community.

Q3) Yes, but why specifically does the term "Drone" apply?
A3) Ah, my bad. Well because these creatures are most probably the beta deployment of Travis' robot cadre which will soon be running the entire GUber franchise. You don't think that Travie is actually wasting human capital responding to a bunch of nearly robotic, and soon to be actual robot drivers. Do you? Of course not.

Q4) What are the nominee qualifications?
A4) Yes, on to the heart of the matter then:
  1. A cleverly worded and brief nomination from any Well Known Member. Please do not exceed two short paragraphs.
  2. Nominations are due by 10/15/2015 @ Midnight - EST. All nominations will be considered.
  3. Three (3) linked threads/# posts identifying the work here which is "troll worthy".
  4. Two "I second this nominee" by any other WKM.
  5. Members below WKM status should forward their nominations to any WKM for submission. After vetting the nominee, the WKM may cite the originating member in your nomination post.
  6. After the cutoff, the OP will select the top five nominees in a secret and closed ballot process which can never be revealed. The top three selection criteria will be:
a. Humour of the nomination submission
b. Total "body of work" by the TOTY candidate
c. Anything else that inspires me...because "I can".
And to dedicated readers of this forum, it is no surprise that the first TOTY Nominee is... Glados. Full nomination submission to follow.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UD Glados is nominated for exemplary propaganda propagation, by brilliantly bloviating GUber bovine fecal matter of boundless breadth and odious redolence. You sir/ma'am'/it are an exemplar credit to your "profession". In witness thereof, we bear testament to a bounty of work herein explicated:
  1. A fiendishly clever Avatar dedicated to the destruction of it's nemesis. Which in this case is apparently "Truth".
  2. 97 Likes on 301 Posts for a stunningly low Approval Rating of 32% or in Stars = 1.6. You have been deactivated for low ratings!
  3. 100% Clairvoyant Knowledge of All things GUber.
  4. Demonstrating Equal and Complete Ignorance on four continents.
  5. Three supporting threads include:
Esteemed Members, may I get a second please?

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
UD Glados is nominated for exemplary propaganda propagation, by brilliantly bloviating GUber bovine fecal matter of boundless breadth and odious redolence. You sir/ma'am'/it are an exemplar credit to your "profession". In witness thereof, we bear testament to a bounty of work herein explicated:
  1. A fiendishly clever Avatar dedicated to the destruction of it's nemesis. Which in this case is apparently "Truth".
  2. 97 Likes on 301 Posts for a stunningly low Approval Rating of 32% or in Stars = 1.6. You have been deactivated for low ratings!
I'm happy to come out of UP retirement to second your nomination glados.

He is one without peer. That's gotta make him proud!

·
Registered
7,528 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to nominate BeepBeepBarina who is a funny Uber Shill, albeit MIA recently.
BUT I have to run, so maybe the OP Wil_Iam_Fuber'd can help with writing the 2 clever paragraphs?
One has 20 days to complete the nom process. Sorry, but "You have to put in your own work around here" Amiga!! In any case, I am deeply biased toward my favorite Troll so...good luck and hope you'll have a moment later to finalize your nom. As Ryan Seacrest would surely implore, "Please Vote!"

And Wow. 25% Like or 1.25 Star Rating for BeepBeepBarina. Very strong candidate!!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
3rd it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts