Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who got them offered this week? How about last week? I was offered them for around five weeks in a row, and now I'm not getting them.

Or are they only offered when there's a lot of stuff going on in town, like the pride parade we had?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Who got them offered this week? How about last week? I was offered them for around five weeks in a row, and now I'm not getting them.

Or are they only offered when there's a lot of stuff going on in town, like the pride parade we had?
Did Uber lose money off you? Meaning did u actually do better off guarantees?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did. Pride weekend it was 9$ total they adjusted me (would've been higher, but I got screwed by a passenger cancelling) and the week prior to that it was 21$

Not life changing, of course. But it is useful for me to be able to visualize what I can expect to make in a weekend and giving me the security that I'll make a certain amount.

Of course, they'll try to screw me by sending me off to Humble, but that is to be expected.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hmm. So not enough. It's slow off holiday week and not much going on. Notice they were not spazzing with their inner loop tweets all week.

Question is, did you drive any differently under guarantee then you would without. If you haven't been doing long that might not mean much. I tried guarantee their way twice and then my way. I prevailed each time. It cost me more under guarantee because I drove a bit more aggressive and burned more gas and more wear and tear. And it wasn't enjoyable.

Never opted in again and after a while never saw another offer. Eventually you get dropped off the list it seams regardless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I did differently was when I was in the two drive mark for the hour with time to spare, I'd turn the app off. Why drive more when I met the incentive?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Guess depends on the incentive. When I did it was you had to average X amount of rides per hour. So I worked to bank extra early in case it slowed down. Did a six hour stint one night and I signed off just 1 minute too late and lost the whole guarantee because it put me .01 under the guarantee. The ink was a 1.5 TPH and I was like 1.49999. I was pissed and there was no leniency. Never did it again.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I haven't been offered a guarantee in ages. Speculation here is that long time drivers no longer receive guarantee offers.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Aren't you the job? I mean Uber has been jobbing the drivers for a while now haven't they? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts