Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for duplicates. I suck at tech. Am I the only one that absolutely loathes the new nav in gryft. It doesnt show the whole route sometimes no addrress but worst of all it sends you the most circuitious ineffecient way 90% of the time. Has gryft fired the A B an C teams an are now having the D squad run the show? Its adding a frustration factor too my day that is completely irking. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
So why would you ever use on board navigation when Uber and Lyft allow you to hook in a real app from the settings? I prefer Waze. Honestly the few Ubers I’ve taken the drivers didn’t know you could change it. Since they were missing turns I filled them in and they seemed surprised, grateful even, and a few had gotten the impression it wouldn’t let them till I showed them how.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stop driving for Lyft.
Not able too at the moment as Guber has sidelined me for 3 weeks now because of my background. Once they clear me I will stop. You know tge challenges we face if youve been at this awhile. Guess my 7th background was the magic number. Its total BS as it is completely unchanged.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So why would you ever use on board navigation when Uber and Lyft allow you to hook in a real app from the settings? I prefer Waze. Honestly the few Ubers I’ve taken the drivers didn’t know you could change it. Since they were missing turns I filled them in and they seemed surprised, grateful even, and a few had gotten the impression it wouldn’t let them till I showed them how.
Cool. Hoq do you do it? Too e honest with you I try too fiddle with my apps as little as possible for fear of disablement an not being able too earn. I know it sounds silly but at 50 Om not tech savvy. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Link Uber and Lyft to a third party navigation app. I use Google Maps. If you have that or Waze downloaded to your phone just go into your settings and then click on navigation and choose to use your third party app.
Lyft>menu (3 lines top left corner)>Account>Settings>Navigation

·
Premium Member
29,277 Posts
Cool. Hoq do you do it? Too e honest with you I try too fiddle with my apps as little as possible for fear of disablement an not being able too earn. I know it sounds silly but at 50 Om not tech savvy. Thanks in advance.
Like this:

Font Screenshot Publication Multimedia Logo
Font Darkness Screenshot Circle Astronomical object
Font Screenshot Logo Darkness Crescent
Font Screenshot Sky Circle Magenta

I despise Waze so it's Google Maps for me.

Green Font Circle Magenta Grass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts