Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other drivers in my area must be allowing the little college (mostly girl) pax to run ALL OVER THEM b/c while they may call 2 Ubers, they are trying to move 14 girls in 2 cars! It didn't use to be this bad. Maybe you would get an extra person once in a while, but without any other options, drivers I guess just let it slide. Now that the girls see it work every week, they get nasty/*****y at me for suggesting they have too many. We just recently (2 months ago maybe?) got the option for UberXL in our city so I don't know how many drivers are registered with larger vehicles. In FL the no-seatbelt ticket is $120 and personally, not worth the risk to me for a $5-7 fare. I get zero support from Uber on this front, and it's a lose/lose point for drivers: say something & stick to your LAWS & liability & get nasty comments & bad ratings, OR take the risk & potentially lose big time that way, OR decline the ride & waste the time/gas you already used getting there and any possible income.

I am considering making my own liability waiver for these pax & let them shoulder the risk. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lol. I politely tell them to GTFO and cancel the ride. Suggest they grab an uber xl because I don't want them rating me after I split up their group. Those *****y college girls never go anywhere over a $5.00 ride in my town so it is never worth the risk and they tend to have zero etiquette very disrespectful. I always need to remind myself that they are just children lol. I uber in a college/tourist town and don't have time to deal with them. But I can see why other uber drivers fear them... They can be quite nasty. Last night one had a temper tantrum said she'd stab me if I cancelled the ride (trying to fit 6 people in my Prius) hahaha cancelled! Then those looks they give me lol. What can you do for them? I'm only 26, young confident and good looking so I just politely put them in their place, shove them out of my car and move on. No hard feelings. But I'm not breaking the law for them. But like you said, there are always exceptions, if they are 5 and tiny and understand that they need to be discreet then sure. but if I can't trust them rolling the windows down and screaming at random people on the street then hell no. GTFO, politely of course. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ehhh...Sometimes you gotta' let things slide. I'm UBER X and I let them squeeze in as many as they can. Had 7 drunk college girls the other evening that asked if two could squeeze into the trunk. I said no problem. The gals were kinda' messed up, I thing they were on booze and maybe some "scripts"....Started the trip and one of the gals asked if we could stop by McDonalds. Usually late at night like that, the lines are long at the drive-thrus...so I reminded them that we had two folks in the trunk. They giggled and said it wouldn't matter cuz they were probably already passed out. Went through the drive-thru, got the food and headed back to campus. I end the trip and help them get the two gals out of the trunk. Both of them were passed-out...and this concerned me. We splashed some water on them and they stumbled out of the trunk. One of them puked a little on here way out, but said it wasn't from carbon monoxide or anything...it was from the tequila. The girl that booked the ride gave me a 5 STAR and said I was the best driver ever! So yeah, my friend. Just let things slide a little and keep your rating good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ehhh...Sometimes you gotta' let things slide. I'm UBER X and I let them squeeze in as many as they can. Had 7 drunk college girls the other evening that asked if two could squeeze into the trunk. I said no problem. The gals were kinda' messed up, I thing they were on booze and maybe some "scripts"....Started the trip and one of the gals asked if we could stop by McDonalds. Usually late at night like that, the lines are long at the drive-thrus...so I reminded them that we had two folks in the trunk. They giggled and said it wouldn't matter cuz they were probably already passed out. Went through the drive-thru, got the food and headed back to campus. I end the trip and help them get the two gals out of the trunk. Both of them were passed-out...and this concerned me. We splashed some water on them and they stumbled out of the trunk. One of them puked a little on here way out, but said it wasn't from carbon monoxide or anything...it was from the tequila. The girl that booked the ride gave me a 5 STAR and said I was the best driver ever! So yeah, my friend. Just let things slide a little and keep your rating good.
After years of partying in Vegas, LA and San Fran, I can say with confidence that you are taking on way more risk than what it's worth. First, if you were pulled over, you'd be fuuucked second, if any of those girls turned on you, you'd be arrested for endangering their lives, third you could have gotten throw up in your car. Fourth what if you got in an accident and the two in the back were killed because they weren't wearing a seatbelt. Don't get bullied by little girls. Stop being a ***** and stand up for yourself. You took on so much risk driving all those girls home. I'm not being an ******* here, if it were 4 drunk girls, I'd do my job, legally and happily because I usually only do pickups on drinking nights but you broke the law for people you don't even know. Why just why?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If you've more people than seat belts it's a reckless ticket, not a seat belt violation, at least in Virginia which I'd going to get you deactivated from uber, legitimately, next time they rum your background check. I'm also told if you're in an accident with extra people, your insurance won't pay and you'll be considered at fault, regardless of who actually is. I've heard of 2 drivers pulled in my town for too many passengers in the last month

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You actually let passengers ride in your trunk? Wtf is wrong with you?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've seen several uber drivers do it here. Take a picture, including the license plate, and send it to uber and the dmv. We don't need press like what will happen when someone in a trunk dies

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thanks for the backup guys, for a moment I thought that I was taking crazy pills or something. To Doyle, you really should reconsider your policies.
You're not, though research your state laws. They may not be as strict as mine. Uber, however, doesn't want more than 4 in x even if you have a bigger car, so with photos, they'll take action, at least according to the police here. Apparently, if it hurts both of our bottom lines, they'll take action.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You're not, though research your state laws. They may not be as strict as mine. Uber, however, doesn't want more than 4 in x even if you have a bigger car, so with photos, they'll take action, at least according to the police here. Apparently, if it hurts both of our bottom lines, they'll take action.
I think even Afghanistan has laws against leaving two drunk passed out girls in the back of your car while you grab fast food for their other 'friends'

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It really doesn't even matter what the laws are. Passengers in the trunk is just careless and stupid. What's next? Oh sure, just hang on to the roof rack, no problem!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Probably, but I was referring to the 5th person being a seat belt violation or a reckless ticket. Massive difference in the repurcussions. I'd think the at fault insurance would be the same everywhere in the states

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Get an XL compient vehicle, go on campus during party days accept X fare at end of trip request fare adjustment, rinse, repeat, profit. Of course only for trips that are 5+ people.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I sincerely hope you have a serious accident and get sued into oblivion.

If you don't have the balls to say "NO", get out of this business.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My problem lately is when 2 or 3 come out get in, I start the trip and then they tell me we need to pick up their friend who ends up being friends.

·
24,278 Posts
In FL the no-seatbelt ticket is $120
Does Florida hold the driver responsible for all of the passengers' nanny-ER-uh-SEAT belts? The District of Columbia does, but D.C. is a charter member of the League of Ultra-Nanny States.

Ehhh...Sometimes you gotta' let things slide. I'm UBER X and I let them squeeze in as many as they can.
Troll Alert.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Six people for a $4 ride and $1 a mile? Not worth it!!! One fender bender, and some girl head hits anothers mouth and knocks teeth out while sitting in another's lap...no thank you. You think Uber will cover that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts