Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just updated the app and then I picked up a rider at the Technology Park, when I tried to start the trip it was greyed out and I couldnt slide to start.

Anyone else seen that? Had the customer been locked out of the app?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I just updated the app and then I picked up a rider at the Technology Park, when I tried to start the trip it was greyed out and I couldnt slide to start.

Anyone else seen that? Had the customer been locked out of the app?
Happens all the time with the new upgrade.
Work around:
Go to "task manger" and kill the Uber app.
Restart the Uber app and the screen will recover and the Start Trip slider will be green and work.
Using the Uber app is all about learning the work arounds.
Once you accept a trip, you can shut down and restart the app and continue the ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happens all the time with the new upgrade.
Work around:
Go to "task manger" and kill the Uber app.
Restart the Uber app and the screen will recover and the Start Trip slider will be green and work.
Using the Uber app is all about learning the work arounds.
Once you accept a trip, you can shut down and restart the app and continue the ride.
Thanks boys!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Workaround is that you go to your home screen.. the start uber again...

It happened to me couple of times yesterday.. The first time the rider was really annoyed as I had to wait couple of minutes after he had already got in...

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Workaround is that you go to your home screen.. the start uber again...

It happened to me couple of times yesterday.. The first time the rider was really annoyed as I had to wait couple of minutes after he had already got in...
You have to kill the current Uber app, and restart.
You can not restart a running app.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I dont need to kill the app.. when i go to home screen and click on the icon again then it allows me to start the trip... (at least on my phone)
Ok... go with that if it works for you.
The app is buggy, and which ever workaround works.... go with it.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
As a computer guy I tend to kill the process, and restart it. If clicking on the app works, one less step. I will try it next time.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That seems particularly bad. I'm going to struggle with this one, I KNOW IT.
If this should happen to me on the road, it's going to throw me right off.
And it might make the passenger think I'm up to sneaky tricks...
which would lead to a bad star rating from them... oh joy...
I better not start another 'I hate star ratings' again,
It's bad for my blood pressure... and my keyboard!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
New upgrade from Uber today for both Partners and PAX. I do hope it fixes the problem.
I had two airport PAX that told me it took two tries to upload the upgrade. They were not happy. They were in the airport and wanted a car, but could not get one unless they uploaded the new app. I told them about [email protected] to redirect their upset back to Uber corporate.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
You have to laugh. The latest update still has the broken start slider, and it added a broken end trip slider. It did remove the "confirm arrival" button.

Best line from a PAX about the user upgrade "I saw something about an upgrade, I ignored it and I couldn't order an Uber, I had to take a cab". Go figure....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts