Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening, Y'all. Just stopping in to say, "Hello!". Hello!

I started driving for Uber about three-weeks ago. So far, so fun. :: shrugs ::

Still working out some issues that I see with my vehicle; but, I'm also considering trading up to something that will let me take more than just UberX requests.

Be well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where did you find rideshare insurance. I've spent 3 days searching and can't find anything except Allstate at ridiculous prices.

·
Super Moderator
6,094 Posts
Evening, Y'all. Just stopping in to say, "Hello!". Hello!

I started driving for Uber about three-weeks ago. So far, so fun. :: shrugs ::

Still working out some issues that I see with my vehicle; but, I'm also considering trading up to something that will let me take more than just UberX requests.

Be well.
Greetings!

I'd think long and hard before upgrading. As long as you use the vehicle you already own, you're not really investing anything up front. So if things don't work out doing Uber, you're not stuck with a car you don't really need, and a loan to pay off. You should also make sure there's enough upgraded rides in your area, otherwise you could end up using an expensive car for uberx rides. Also, first make sure you can keep your rating at a good level, not everyone is cut out for this. Sorry to sound cynical, but I'm attempting to give good advice.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Too many times I have driven...

In X mode instead of XL...8>O

Too many ants out there....

Hard to count on any result now....

Waaaay too unpredictable....8>)

Rakos
oshine-diyete-basladi-816519.Jpeg

·
Registered
581 Posts
Greetings!

I'd think long and hard before upgrading. As long as you use the vehicle you already own, you're not really investing anything up front. So if things don't work out doing Uber, you're not stuck with a car you don't really need, and a loan to pay off. You should also make sure there's enough upgraded rides in your area, otherwise you could end up using an expensive car for uberx rides. Also, first make sure you can keep your rating at a good level, not everyone is cut out for this. Sorry to sound cynical, but I'm attempting to give good advice.
THIS!
Read it and understand it.

Welcome to the forum and yes, driving can be fun :: shrugs ::

BUT...
Before you even consider making any type of investment into your Uber activities (except to buy a dashcam), drive until you file your next year's taxes, read and contribute to this forum regularly, and don't ever believe that Uber can be a "good source of income".

There are too many variables beyond your control that can immediately bring your ridershare days to screeching halt. Once again, drive until you file next year's taxes and participate in this forum before you make any life-changing decisions.

And pay no attention the my disclaimer message below... this is very serious.

Reactions: Rakos
1 - 8 of 8 Posts