Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as a test me and a few other riders started using free credits in the Greenville/Downtown area and guess what? Most drivers are coming from out of state just to saturate our small market, people from GA and FL...coming here and taking half our bussiness in such a small area..uber should not allow people from out of state to work here...look at the map monday night like 30 drivers out there....unfair to the locals...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took cabbies business? I see cabs in Greenville and know about 20 drivers...and the are evolving finding new ways to make money....oh wait you are talking about the cab companies who own the tokens and have been making money without any real competition for over half a century? Yes I took the business of those ****ers who had been monopolizing a stagnant business without any accountability. Cab drivers are rude and cars smell like they been living in them...and with all this being said as a cab drives you could not just move to any city and start work, there was a system in place. RIP to the cab business they had a good run.....:) now that is a free market...

·
Registered
39 Posts
My point is that the uber business in Greenville belongs just as much to uber drivers from GA and FL as it does to you; otherwise their apps wouldn't work in "your" town. It results in better availability of rides for pax, and isn't that the most important thing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey you may be right, maybe out of town people do have as much right as those who live here and pay for the local taxes and the roads.... Matter of fact I see those ubers in Charlotte NC working all night moving, yes I keep my eye on the grid...now I might just hit up Charlotte and take some of that north Carolina money.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey you may be right, maybe out of town people do have as much right as those who live here and pay for the local taxes and the roads...now I might just hit up Charlotte and take some of that north Carolina money.
Uber is sucking money out of local economies right and left, impoverishing us all, piling up wealth in Silicon Valley.

I have been told (I don't know it from first hand experience) that Charlotte can be a scary place to work...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I thought Uber (and most laws governing TNCs) say you can only operate in the State in which you are licensed! Should be geofence in place that stops login if not in your State.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys, Uber drivers cannot work out of their state. I discussed this with the area manager and he confirmed it. If I get to close to NC the geofence stops me. I use the Uber rider app to see the driver concentration and I go somewhere else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Guys, Uber drivers cannot work out of their state. I discussed this with the area manager and he confirmed it. If I get to close to NC the geofence stops me. I use the Uber rider app to see the driver concentration and I go somewhere else.
Hi Bob, Just wondering how you contacted the area manager for Greenville. Was it through email or via phone connection? I'd appreciate knowing, I'd just like to discuss a few issues. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In South Carolina, an uber driver can go anywhere in the state without the geofencing penalty. I drive down to Columbia when USC is in session, and it pays fairly well, comparative to Greenville, because there's 30k students within 4 miles of the active Vista area. But if the drivers are telling you they're crossing state lines, then they either have requested to change their state/location through Uber, or possibly have a fleet agreement with an in-state Uber driver to team drive in SC. But they cannot just drive here all willy-nilly, because Uber tech doesn't allow it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My point is that the uber business in Greenville belongs just as much to uber drivers from GA and FL as it does to you; otherwise their apps wouldn't work in "your" town. It results in better availability of rides for pax, and isn't that the most important thing?
That's not quite right, ashevillcabbie. Businesses have to apply to work where they're based, so as independent contractors in SC, we're permitted to drive here and governed by whatever rules Uber and the state have worked out.

Pax consistently complain about non-local drivers who can't make suggestions or don't know routes, so just putting more cars in a location doesn't equate to better interactions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In South Carolina, an uber driver can go anywhere in the state without the geofencing penalty. I drive down to Columbia when USC is in session, and it pays fairly well, comparative to Greenville, because there's 30k students within 4 miles of the active Vista area. But if the drivers are telling you they're crossing state lines, then they either have requested to change their state/location through Uber, or possibly have a fleet agreement with an in-state Uber driver to team drive in SC. But they cannot just drive here all willy-nilly, because Uber tech doesn't allow it.
I was curious about that.... can an SC driver drive anywhere in the state? I may have a job interview on the Grand Strand next month, and was considering doing some "driving" down there.... but was not sure if I could catch fares outside the Upstate.

Another note... if you pick up in SC and are asked to drive into NC (I could imagine this happening around Rock Hill or MB), can you pick up in SC and drop off in NC?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was curious about that.... can an SC driver drive anywhere in the state? I may have a job interview on the Grand Strand next month, and was considering doing some "driving" down there.... but was not sure if I could catch fares outside the Upstate.

Another note... if you pick up in SC and are asked to drive into NC (I could imagine this happening around Rock Hill or MB), can you pick up in SC and drop off in NC?
You can pick up in SC, and drive to LA if you wish.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Yep I just dropped off at the CLT airport. Many of us do in the Upstate

·
Registered
142 Posts

I've heard recently that SC drivers can cross into GA or NC. Haven't had a chance to test the theory yet...

·
Registered
14 Posts
GREENVILLE drivers please stay out of Clemson we have enough uber drivers as it is and we are locals who actually know the area. STAY IN YOUR LANE AND YOUR CITY!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ummmm okay... what about those drivers that from your area that come up to spend time IN Greenville and at the airport?? I have no interest in driving Clemson market or any other college market. I have a college student so that's enough for me.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
The most important thing is that I make money

1 - 20 of 32 Posts