Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
its been surging all day and get ready because next week there will be over 30,000 here for a conference along with the World Baseball Classic.

Hope everyone is getting those long rides and making the big bucks.

You can tell spring break is right around the corner!!!
Great to see you Bill, we killed it at Blake Shelton concert. Patience is a virtue, funny to watch all those newbs picking up at less than 2x surge. Bagged my $100 net unicorn ride, great twist of luck and salesmanship. Sometimes being nice pays off in the least expected ways.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The secret is to wait for it as it always builds. Turn on the app at around 4-5 and you will be rewarded but not before

For those on Lyft Premium it matchs prime time with regular Lyft. I'll see how it posts and will provide screen shoot then. I sure hope it says Premium soon.

Another thing I noticed is Uber did not send out the bat signal. That helped it build as well.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Great to see you Bill, we killed it at Blake Shelton concert. Patience is a virtue, funny to watch all those newbs picking up at less than 2x surge. Bagged my $100 net unicorn ride, great twist of luck and salesmanship. Sometimes being nice pays off in the least expected ways.
Good goin', SDS. But how was "being nice" a factor? What did you that was nice? And how was your niceness rewarded?

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Good goin', SDS. But how was "being nice" a factor? What did you that was nice? And how was your niceness rewarded?
Hey buddy,
I was sitting in my car talking to a passenger request prequalifying their destination to see if I wanted the ride. In a good spot next to a bunch of passengers looking for their drivers. A lady walked up to my car and asked me to help her with her uber ride request. I told her I would after I was done with request. I blew off request and surge doubled in less than a minute, around 4.5x. Her ride was cancelled and she was going around 20 miles in my direction toward home. I told her I'd take her group of four. We couldn't connect on the app., I kept on getting other riders when she ordered. Blew off a passenger that walked up to my car, total chaos. We finally connected and made $100 net on the ride. Good comeback two days on uber from nightmare ride last week.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey buddy,
I was sitting in my car talking to a passenger request prequalifying their destination to see if I wanted the ride. In a good spot next to a bunch of passengers looking for their drivers. A lady walked up to my car and asked me to help her with her uber ride request. I told her I would after I was done with request. I blew off request and surge doubled in less than a minute, around 4.5x. Her ride was cancelled and she was going around 20 miles in my direction toward home. I told her I'd take her group of four. We couldn't connect on the app., I kept on getting other riders when she ordered. Blew off a passenger that walked up to my car, total chaos. We finally connected and made $100 net on the ride. Good comeback two days on uber from nightmare ride last week.
Nice comeback to even out the nightmare ride.

Ya know what you are? You're "Even Steven".

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Nice comeback to even out the nightmare ride.

Ya know what you are? You're "Even Steven".
That's funny brother,
That sure made it nice but I'm not even yet. That jack off tried to get me fired at Lyft as well. Unbelievably I cancelled him two months ago on Lyft. He then sent them a report of unsafe dropoff from that trip after he realized I was same driver. I didn't recognize him on my uber pickup but had to be same guy. All my lyft rides have been smooth for months. So, that has made me rethink my this gig, you have to have a dash cam to protect your interests. I'll do the recon and pick one up soon.

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's funny brother,
That sure made it nice but I'm not even yet. That jack off tried to get me fired at Lyft as well. Unbelievably I cancelled him two months ago on Lyft. He then sent them a report of unsafe dropoff from that trip after he realized I was same driver. I didn't recognize him on my uber pickup but had to be same guy. All my lyft rides have been smooth for months. So, that has made me rethink my this gig, you have to have a dash cam to protect your interests. I'll do the recon and pick one up soon.
Ouch, what a tool. Let us know what your recon yields with the Dash Cam. Also, are your tips still surging with your signage? Any riders complain about them? Now that you've had them up for a couple months, by what percentage would you say you tips went up by?

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Ouch, what a tool. Let us know what your recon yields with the Dash Cam. Also, are your tips still surging with your signage? Any riders complain about them? Now that you've had them up for a couple months, by what percentage would you say you tips went up by?
Uber tips have doubled, lyft a little more. I had an uber driver question me about hanging the signs, she said she wouldn't do it. Her husband asked her why not. He ended up tipping me $3. No one has jacked my rating over them and it does lead to conversation about tipping policy. I'm more apt to take an uber ride now because of the signs. Lyft is my main company now for hourly guarantees and standard rate rides. Destination and surge on Uber. I had perfect ratings on Uber since I hung the signs so no backlash.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Lots of surge both Saturday and Sunday. Spring break, no rain, daylight savings time = people out and about the city attending events, restaurants and bars.

Good weekend, hopefully it continues.

(Also this is the time of year when many ants hang it up because they filed their taxes, didn't keep good record and quit because they owed too much, realizing it's a grind to make $).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Considering that I started in December, Saturday was definitely new to me. So many "new trip request" messages before completing a trip, didn't even have time to switch into the Lyft app. Loved it

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Saturday night was indeed a great night. Had $25 in tips too :D. Yesterday i took a day off even though i had the feeling would be a great day too but it doesn't matter :)
It was quite a monster day, all the planets aligned. Start of spring break, St. Patrick's day early events, concert, lyft hourly guarantees and great weather combined to pop the long missing surge. We will not see another day like this in a while. I averaged $45 per hour for 8 hours online, $361 net with 150 miles driven door to door, over $2 per mile running uber X and Lyft. I'm hard pressed to make $25 per hour and $1 per mile. Made quick money at the concert and $40 cleaning fee for sand. Take that away and it's $27 per hour. New all time high for me, hope to have another good week.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was quite a monster day, all the planets aligned. Start of spring break, St. Patrick's day early events, concert, lyft hourly guarantees and great weather combined to pop the long missing surge. We will not see another day like this in a while. I averaged $45 per hour for 8 hours online, $361 net with 150 miles driven door to door, over $2 per mile running uber X and Lyft. I'm hard pressed to make $25 per hour and $1 per mile. Made quick money at the concert and $40 cleaning fee for sand. Take that away and it's $27 per hour. New all time high for me, hope to have another good week.
If you remove the Lyft guarantee how much did you average

1 - 20 of 78 Posts