Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone UBER drivers recently encountered bookings with a large ETA of 20minutes or more, even though you are just 5 minutes away? The passenger subsequently cancels upon seeing the large ETA.

I managed to pick up some of these passengers by calling and explaining to them that I am just nearby, and they feedback to me that my vehicle is not moving in their app, and is at a far-off location.

Most of the passengers, however, cancels before I could call them. This has affected my number of trips made per day.

Have emailed and called UBER numerous times, and their troubleshoot tips do not work.

Anyone else facing the same problem? Or could it be my phone's problem? Using Android here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I usually call the rider when this happens and confirming the time of arrival with them directly, else it would be a wasted trip if they see a long ETA. Some apps will give you spinning mins despite you are already downstairs waiting for them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually call the rider when this happens and confirming the time of arrival with them directly, else it would be a wasted trip if they see a long ETA. Some apps will give you spinning mins despite you are already downstairs waiting for them.
Thanks for the reply.

Do you face this problem often? Mine seems to happen everyday especially the peak periods.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very normal.. Just prepare to call the rider.. there is no harm and in fact help you secure when the rider knows you are nearby or jam from traffic so that they can decide if they need you or not base on their urgency to reach their destination. Cheers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else facing this problem? Very sure it is the uber software having problem. No jam and sometimes already reached, but our vehicle is still far away according to the passengers. I was once even chided on the phone by passengers because of this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else facing this problem? Difficult to work if keep facing this issue.

Maybe have to buy cheap phone to test it out, to see if this is my current phone's problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts