Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CL to Airport, $43
Rematch/stack while still on Jane Adam's, X Surge 1.7 to Winnetka, $51
Winnetka to Lake Forest $14 plus, Robert Redford and Bill Curtis are there... brush with greatness... lol

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just saw a notice pop up, "Traffic happens, we're adjusting the base rate on this delivery..."

Anyone else seen this on eats?

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Best part of tonight was some girl put in an address in the 1500 block of north Milwaukee Ave in Wicker Park. But I’m not gonna be that guy and block the driving lane so I pull to the side maybe 50 feet from the address. The pax calls me and asks where I’m located. “Ma’am, I’m in front of a bar about 50 feet away.” Before I know it pax cancels, collect $4.

Worse part was it was on a 2.3x surge if the ride happened...

It’s not that cold tonight to make the short walk to find where I’m located.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Best part of tonight was some girl put in an address in the 1500 block of north Milwaukee Ave in Wicker Park. But I'm not gonna be that guy and block the driving lane so I pull to the side maybe 50 feet from the address. The pax calls me and asks where I'm located. "Ma'am, I'm in front of a bar about 50 feet away." Before I know it pax cancels, collect $4.

It's not that cold tonight to make the short walk to find where I'm located.
Wow you hurt her ego by waiting 50 feet away. She's used to the new Chi town trend of stopping anywhere and switching on the parking lights and everyone else can go f themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Best part of tonight was some girl put in an address in the 1500 block of north Milwaukee Ave in Wicker Park. But I'm not gonna be that guy and block the driving lane so I pull to the side maybe 50 feet from the address. The pax calls me and asks where I'm located. "Ma'am, I'm in front of a bar about 50 feet away." Before I know it pax cancels, collect $4.

I got a ping at whole Foods in Greek Town at 1.9x. Thetes nowhere to pull over on that stretch if Halsted so I pulled into the covered parking at the south side of the building. Pax calls, tells me to come around to the main entrance, I explain there's Now here to pull over, she says she doesn't car. CANCEL! As I turn to go north on Halsted I see 2 people with a full cart. Dodged a bullet there.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
I got a ping at whole Foods in Greek Town at 1.9x. Thetes nowhere to pull over on that stretch if Halsted so I pulled into the covered parking at the south side of the building. Pax calls, tells me to come around to the main entrance, I explain there's Now here to pull over, she says she doesn't car. CANCEL! As I turn to go north on Halsted I see 2 people with a full cart. Dodged a bullet there.
Sometimes the trash takes itself out. When it does it's beautiful!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts

lol f those saddity azzz birches

I routinely like to mk em feel like shi, they can't brush me off because I'm the youth and I look like fine wine so they look at themselves and think something is wrong with them

I routinely have to report pax (normally women seeking attention to feel better about themselves) because they report me for talking to chicks on phone or texting chicks...

Shi is goofy how these mfs just want someone to make them feel important and they mask it by saying "customer experience" and these problems only arise in less "urban" areas smh

I'm not giving out attention unless you have interesting convo or ya want the BBC

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Funny part is when it comes to women pax and they're attractive, I tend to be a bit more lenient and conversational. Picked up two ladies in West Loop at the time Depeche Mode (United Center) was letting out and they weren't your ditzy, chit chatty, men suck, but first let me take a selfie in an Uber individuals. The trip over to Wicker Park/Bucktown had three way conversation about Colorado, weed, wine, and life in general. Those are the women you want in your car.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Funny part is when it comes to women pax and they're attractive, I tend to be a bit more lenient and conversational. Picked up two ladies in West Loop at the time Depeche Mode (United Center) was letting out and they weren't your ditzy, chit chatty, men suck, but first let me take a selfie in an Uber individuals. The trip over to Wicker Park/Bucktown had three way conversation about Colorado, weed, wine, and life in general. Those are the women you want in your car.
The only women You should want in ya car are the ones trying to get down

F a convo, idc about a conversation I'll forget I had once 15 minutes

I need the panties, 1 life, live it up young blood

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Got a ticket for stopping for 30 seconds in the loop.

I pulled up cuz I had a pax pickup location at 120 S Clark... pulled over to the side and I wasn’t blocking traffic. There was a sign saying “no stopping/standing anytime.” Within 30 seconds of me stopping, I saw the guy writing me a ticket. $75. I shouldn’t have stopped and it was my fault. But dang... don’t they have ANY sympathy for us trying to make some money?

They’re ruthless now in downtown. Be careful! Thank God it wasn’t a more expensive ticket.

The ride is never ever worth getting a ticket.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts

I pulled up cuz I had a pax pickup location at 120 S Clark... pulled over to the side and I wasn't blocking traffic. There was a sign saying "no stopping/standing anytime." Within 30 seconds of me stopping, I saw the guy writing me a ticket. $75. I shouldn't have stopped and it was my fault. But dang... don't they have ANY sympathy for us trying to make some money?

They're ruthless now in downtown. Be careful! Thank God it wasn't a more expensive ticket.

Picking up downtown is trash anyway

And ain't no sympathy, they see rideshare as a way to get money for the city

·
Premium Member
161 Posts

I pulled up cuz I had a pax pickup location at 120 S Clark... pulled over to the side and I wasn't blocking traffic. There was a sign saying "no stopping/standing anytime." Within 30 seconds of me stopping, I saw the guy writing me a ticket. $75. I shouldn't have stopped and it was my fault. But dang... don't they have ANY sympathy for us trying to make some money?

They're ruthless now in downtown. Be careful! Thank God it wasn't a more expensive ticket.

Fight the ticket and you will most likely win. I fought one of these tickets by mail and won twice (200 W Monroe was one and North Ave beach was the other). I sent all the documents of the trip and explained my side of the story. I explained why I try to obey all traffic laws and find this ticket is unfair in a letter attached to the violation. Hopefully it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Lately, When I am in the loop I call the rider, ask them the "what color is your coat" question so they will tell me what they look like, then ask if they are at the curb. Any response that sounds like "i will be downstairs soon" is probably going to be a cancel. Or if they tell me where they are headed and I like the prospect of that fare, I will keep circling. But there's no place safe to stop anymore, it seems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts