Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you hate long trips from jersey that end up in long island ?

• Yes

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • Yes but I hate sometimes

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I don’t hate at all

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I love it

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Anything is better than nothing

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I love $$$

Votes: 2 4.4%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Been there, done that
On way back Stopped at Massapequa Diner on Sunrise, had a great M/Rare cheese burger with grilled onions and fries, 3 cups of coffee and a PING!
Pick up 5 mins away, destination Garden City

But that's me, single, no kids and barely responsible for myself, when out of the city I treat it like a field trip. Sometimes I include a car wash and oil change. Lot cheaper than the city.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
9E46C7E4-79FF-4B22-9AB9-248B921CF965.png
C828B23D-B6B1-4FAA-A02A-4C28E29904DE.png
This is what passenger paid.

Wow two hours of driving + god knows how long it took u to get back . A waste of a day .
and dropping him off and I took 20 minutes break after that I roamed around 15 minutes if I could find trip back to city.

But I didn't get any ping I had to come back to city empty hands. It took me 1 hour of driving to come into the Brooklyn.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
View attachment 243044 View attachment 243043 This is what passenger paid.

and dropping him off and I took 20 minutes break after that I roamed around 15 minutes if I could find trip back to city.

But I didn't get any ping I had to come back to city empty hands. It took me 1 hour of driving to come into the Brooklyn.
Damn sorry that happen to you bro . And 97-27 for tolls is $70 so that's what you got paid .

·
Registered
782 Posts
I got this trip and I thought pessenger would go to jfk but I ended up in Long Island. Then I did not get any ping from Long Island. I had to come back empty hands. I made $97.68-13.5-5 including tolls.
This is what Long trips are suppose to be
I got this trip and I thought pessenger would go to jfk but I ended up in Long Island. Then I did not get any ping from Long Island. I had to come back empty hands. I made $97.68-13.5-5 including tolls.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
You want one long $100 trip or 20 short min fare $5 trips? It's all the same. At least the highway miles isn't that bad.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Blame yourself....First, when in NJ you need to set DF just for double dip on the toll, short distance accross the river...Second, I would always start the trip in this case a bock before the actual arrival, just to see where are they headed, so that I will have chance to cancel....Third, should had just shut the app in NJ.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts