Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else had this experience before. But on Friday I started at 9 pm. I live in the east so I turn the app on and hope I can get a ping to take me into the city. I get a hit for the Best Western on Chef Hwy. I started to cancel because I don't like picking up in certain areas of the east. I went against my better judgement and stayed. 4 guys came out the hotel and squeezed into my car. They are pretty drunk but not to the point of being annoying. We have a great conversation, I tell the the places to go in the city... The normal stuff I do. But I guess they were in the drunk state where they love everyone and everything, because they started saying how awesome I was and that I should just park the car and they would buy me drinks all night. I declined. Then it happened! One guy said, how do we tip you from the app? I told them that they could not but, all Uber drivers accept cash tips. they all were like, oh, we don't have much cash on us. I tell them its fine and I get them to Bourbon street. They get out and then each walks to my window and starts handing me fists fulls of ones! all in all they gave me 18 bucks. Good start to the night! My next riders, who were aggravating, gave me a five dollar tip and then said, that wasn't enough and gave me another 5. The next rider was an old man who gave me a 20. then a few 2 or three dollar tips here and there. I made 57$ in tips and only 45$ on the app. I stopped driving at midnight because I knew all that good was just setting me up for something bad so I quit while I was ahead! I also took Saturday off just in case!

I guess there are some good riders! I normally only post bad stuff and I figured that I needed to post a positive experience!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Excellent!
I did 6 trips today and got $15 in tips. One $10 bill and a $5, both from people going to the cruise terminal from downtown.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got $10 from 19 trips friday, and $44 from 18 trips Saturday. Friday was take me through drive thru night and the 3 that I did offered me food, which I wasn't hungry, then no tip at the end. Saturday a guy gave me $20, another $10 to just take 4 people 4 blocks from esplanade, then a couple of $5 tippers. Not bad, but I fell like a suckered for a couple with plastic cups and the guy crumple it up with a little beer in it and shoved it in the seat back pocket, flashed cash and then no tip - 2 star!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts