Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... got two tickets today at Miami International Airport when dropping off a passenger. Watch out.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
You must have done something to piss them off lol, I drop off right in front of them and they haven't said anything. There was even an article that they aren't giving anymore out. Did you have the U on your front windshield or your phone stuck up in it with the app on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was not using the Uber sign. But the passenger was on the back seat with his kid. I was under the impression from emails from Uber that all was set with MIA, so... no I was not in hiding mode per so say.

The airport agent was very nice to me and I certainly was not about to start any confrontation with them (no point in having a discussion with anyone at that point) and the process took about 20 mins. I've done tons of trips there too, this was the first time I had an issue.

Something he said however was interesting. He said that Miami-Dade is likely resolving this by January. My guess is that the county will try to cash in with this as much as possible. This was my third trip to the airport today actually (which was also unusual for me... to have three back to back trips from/to the airport).

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Yeah they are working it out at the county level, I'm sure a fee will be assessed soon that goes to pax and they will make the past citations go away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it was a bit surreal... I'm just wondering if the county will try to "cash in" with more fines ahead of any changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts