Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course app is BS and tells me to pickup pax at Crowne Plaza hotel. From the night before I know pickup is actually at Timmy Chan. Well there was a line on feeder to get into parking lot. Pax saw me and started coming towards me. I was the next car to turn into the parking(still stuck on feeder though) but pax already had gotten in and at the same time a guy in a traffic jacket(cop maybe) gets in front of my car and takes a picture of my plates and TNC sticker. Anyone know what might happen next? He was an ah*le. I'm done with picking up at the rodeo. I was so mad I wanted to kick pax out my car lol. They apologized for the trouble but no tip of course.

·
Registered
286 Posts
.......I'm done with picking up at the rodeo.
Thank you!!!

......Anyone know what might happen next?
Nothing will happen if you don't pick up at from rodeo anymore. As matter of fact, wait until the rodeo is over then start driving again. Only drive from 9am-5pm or else you will get a $500 ticket for not picking up pax in the uber yellow designated lot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I didn't run into this issues but I did drive down that feeder the other night and noticed atleast 5 people with the same description you made. I noticed one of them had their badge outside of their jacket around their neck. Not really sure what they are doing there but seemed like they were keeping a close eye on drivers. I just hope I don't see any of them around other lots in the area.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I've changed my mind. I've decided to help you pick up pax ;)

I forgot to mention I have it recorded on my dashcam. It proves that I wasn't blocking traffic because line was at a standstill if that's the reason if I do get any ticket.
Dashcam is the best thing you can ever have.

But, you should not of picked them up on the street. You should of locked your doors and told the rider to wait until you get in the parking lot.

Anyways, how come you were not at petsmart?

Did you at least get a surge price of more than the 1.6x boost?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dashcam is the best thing you can ever have.

But, you should not of picked them up on the street. You should of locked your doors and told the rider to wait until you get in the parking lot.

Anyways, how come you were not at petsmart?

Did you at least get a surge price of more than the 1.6x boost?
I was mad at myself for letting pax get in but I was dumb to try and avoid going in the lot.

I didn't know about PetSmart. Thanks for letting me know.

No surge. This was about 10:30pm and I was ready to go home. I had dropped off a pax nearby so I wanted to get something quick for the long ride back home. So I didn't even get boost since I used destination filter.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I was mad at myself for letting pax get in but I was dumb to try and avoid going in the lot.

I didn't know about PetSmart. Thanks for letting me know.

No surge. This was about 10:30pm and I was ready to go home. I had dropped off a pax nearby so I wanted to get something quick for the long ride back home. So I didn't even get boost since I used destination filter.
jesus, you really did makepenniesyesterday

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jesus, you really did makepenniesyesterday
I don't lie :confused: I averaged about $13 an hour yesterday. Also learned my lesson to stay put and don't drive around.

Next time get out and take a picture of his face. Then beat him up in the middle of the street. Then take another picture, before finally running him over.
Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
931 Posts
They should be controlling the crowd not walking through the streets snapping pictures of drivers. But why am I surprised? This is a backwards thinking city, always has been and still is today. If you get in trouble dispute it. Its not your job to control people. Certainly you arent going to tell them to get out either. Thats not your business to do that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
never pickup at the rodeo...only drop off. straight down kirby to the walkovers...dump em out..onto mckee..and outta there back to the land of unlimited surges...lol night time is the right time....too be with the one you luv..etc

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Uber said to pick up and drop off Pax at ANY safe location. There is/was no requirement to pick up at the Yellow lot only. They said the Yellow lot was "available" but this was not a required pickup/drop off location. Anyone who thinks you will get in trouble for doing at the rodeo what you do in downtown Houston is simply misinformed.

Reactions: MadePenniesToday

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've managed to avoid the rodeo completely with the exception of a pickup in mid-town going to the rodeo. Do not want to get involved in that free-for-all. Of course, downtown last night around Hard Rock was a total zoo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This same guy (or one just like him) did the same thing to me on Saturday night. I wasn't even stopped on the feeder. I was simply rolling by slowly to look for my pax. He stepped out and took a picture of the front of my car. I waived to him and kept going. I thought about going back to find him later to ask him what his problem was but I didn't feel like worrying about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
legally the should be nothing they can do, because it is a public street. You where not on their property and there is no law stating that you can not pick up a passenger up from a side walk. If so then every time someone gets in from any location in Houston that is not a parking lot then they would breaking the law. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
legally the should be nothing they can do, because it is a public street. You where not on their property and there is no law stating that you can not pick up a passenger up from a side walk. If so then every time someone gets in from any location in Houston that is not a parking lot then they would breaking the law. My 2 cents.
There are a couple of livery laws.... You can't impede traffic for a pickup, & you have to pull over to the curb.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts