Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What looked like a code inspector with a badge, a nice guy, came up to me as I was dropping off a rider at Miami airport. He asked me where I was coming from and I said Fort Lauderdale, he wanted proof so I showed him the waybill. He said it was okay to drop off a rider from Lauderdale (Broward) but you can't pick someone up in Miami and dropped them off at MIA. Not for another 3 months.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
He has no idea what he's talking about. Which doesn't matter because he also has a badge.
He's talking about TNC regs pending acceptance by the Miami-Dade County Commission. Until they are put in chapter 31 Uber is illegal in Miami-Dade. Should take about three months. The chances of any anti Uber enforcement before then are very slight but do exist.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Not me but I have a family member that used to drive for Uber & Lyft, she tells me one of her last rides was at MIA where she was told we're not allowed to operate.

·
Registered
744 Posts
With way too many rides to count to MIA, and FLL the only incidents were an attempt at MIA to pick up a Pax at the departure gate. I got a polite, but stern warning from the cop on duty there. And, at FLL, recvd a parking ticket while sitting in my car by a nasty as s**t BSO officer who told me he'd haul me off to jail if I ever got caught again by him.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
With way too many rides to count to MIA, and FLL the only incidents were an attempt at MIA to pick up a Pax at the departure gate. I got a polite, but stern warning from the cop on duty there. And, at FLL, recvd a parking ticket while sitting in my car by a nasty as s**t BSO officer who told me he'd haul me off to jail if I ever got caught again by him.
Where were you sitting when you got the ticket?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Where were you sitting when you got the ticket?
I was parked on the north side of NE 10th St. (AKA Taylor Road). The BSO will come up from behind you, so don't be the first or last car in line... that's where they get you.... go east on 10th, there's a turn off to some boat yards. And for God's sake if you see a BSO car anywhere around there, get the hell out! The Dade cops are relatively nice and will cut you some slack... BSO, most of the are scumbags and treat you like you're a child molestor or something.... do NOT like BSO at all.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I was asked once to move out of Taylor Rd, after that every time I saw a cop coming up to other drivers I would just drive off... Now days I just drop off at the airports and leave. Not until Ewber & Lyft have assigned waiting areas & clearly marked pickup locations like they do in some airports, I won't be picking up there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't know about Lyft, but Uber continues a pattern of behavior that indicates they don't give a crap about their drivers. They announced quite loudly that they set up "Geozones" around the airports that, if used, are against local regulations. If I didn't know better, I'd think there's malice involved.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I don't know about Lyft, but Uber continues a pattern of behavior that indicates they don't give a crap about their drivers. They announced quite loudly that they set up "Geozones" around the airports that, if used, are against local regulations. If I didn't know better, I'd think there's malice involved.
Geozones or waiting areas I don't mind. As long as they are fully legal and authorized. I don't want to be chased out by some dude on power trip.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Geozones or waiting areas I don't mind. As long as they are fully legal and authorized. I don't want to be chased out by some dude on power trip.
It's not that these guys are on a power trip. They're following orders from upstairs. It's the ones who make the decisions that we should get pissed at. The lot at the Geozone isn't REALLY for Uber, rather it's for Tri-Rail passengers... That's why they chase us. At least they don't ambush us and give us tickets like the BSO does at FLL. What does anger me is the fact that they have a huge lot right next to the tri-rail lot that's virtually empty, yet they won't let us use that one either! I shrug my shoulders and ask "Why ask why?"
The point is...... Uber NEVER made arrangements with Miami-Dade for parking in the Geozones.... that's dumb and neglectful. Shows they don't give a damn one way or the other.

·
Registered
78 Posts
was harassed by two at MIA about a month ago ......uber said it wasn't illegal and they would pay the fine but why should we get fined if it isn't illegal ??????

·
Registered
86 Posts
Parking ticket for what?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want to pick up rides at FLL just drive by on 95. I get a ping EVERY time then just hop on 595 and into the terminals. It's never failed me. But I actually don't like picking up at FLL, too much hassle with finding the pax, the terminal traffic plus no surges. I've gotten to the point where I log off the app while drivin past on 95 so that it doesn't effect my acceptance rate

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's not that these guys are on a power trip. They're following orders from upstairs. It's the ones who make the decisions that we should get pissed at. The lot at the Geozone isn't REALLY for Uber, rather it's for Tri-Rail passengers... That's why they chase us. At least they don't ambush us and give us tickets like the BSO does at FLL. What does anger me is the fact that they have a huge lot right next to the tri-rail lot that's virtually empty, yet they won't let us use that one either! I shrug my shoulders and ask "Why ask why?"
The point is...... Uber NEVER made arrangements with Miami-Dade for parking in the Geozones.... that's dumb and neglectful. Shows they don't give a damn one way or the other.
Talked to a guy that has a friend that works MIA Airport apparently Tri Rail Police guys chase Uber and Lyft guys out cause they caught them taking number 1's and 2's in the hedges and that ended the relationship according to his friend that spoke to the Tri Rail Train Police guys. Not sure if it's a legit but sounds like it could be.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Talked to a guy that has a friend that works MIA Airport apparently Tri Rail Police guys chase Uber and Lyft guys out cause they caught them taking number 1's and 2's in the hedges and that ended the relationship according to his friend that spoke to the Tri Rail Train Police guys. Not sure if it's a legit but sounds like it could be.
How do you take a number 2 in a hedge with no toilet paper? I always have a pile of sticky shit on my ass that needs to be scrapped off multiple times when I'm done.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I speak to those at MIA. There is a CLEAN public bathroom at the Tri-rail station. If I ever found someone relieving themselves, I'd have something to say to them... screws it up for everyone. The problem is that those spots in the lot are supposed to be for the use of TRi-rail passengers, that's why they're cracking down. However, on the other hand, there is a HuGE parking lot adjacent to that primary lot and I don't understand why we're not allowed to use that, it's stupid.

·
Registered
744 Posts
He said it was okay to drop off a rider from Lauderdale (Broward) but you can't pick someone up in Miami and dropped them off at MIA. Not for another 3 months.
Pick them up at MIA, and drop them off at MIA??? You must have meant to say, pick them up at FLL and drop them off at MIA..... and that is ridiculous in itself. What difference does it make WHERE you pick someone up outside the airport???? Just DO NOT attempt a pickup at the departure area... you definitely are asking for trouble if you attempt that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the point is that the cop was saying it is illegal to pick up a passenger in Miami-Dade County, which is true. The pickup for pay is what makes ridesharing illegal in the county. It is not illegal to transport a passenger in Miami-Dade who was picked up in Broward.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts