Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 months ago Lyft blogged about a promo where Lyft drivers would get a Starbucks Gold card. But I got zero information about it from them. However I was able to get signed up by continuously badgering them over email. This might be old news for some of you, but I wanted to mention it in case anyone had forgotten about this.

Not a huge thing, but you can get free brewed tea and coffee refills at Starbucks which ain't bad.
gold.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
gold status is worthless. you get free refills with any prepaid starbucks. simply ask the barista for a $5 prepaid starbucks card and pay with it, and you get free refills.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
gold status is worthless. you get free refills with any prepaid starbucks. simply ask the barista for a $5 prepaid starbucks card and pay with it, and you get free refills.
Is not! You get a free drink or food item worth $4 for every $62.50 you spend! and a free $4 item once a year on your special day!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Offer me half off coffee, or 50% off my phone bill, a discount at a gas station not named Shell, or I don't know, raise your rates so I don't have to chase surge all the time.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
People that spend $5+ a day at starbucks are the problem. What kind of idiot would pay that much for a crappy latte on the regular. DO you guys ever add up how much you spend at starbucks a year? Try it out, you could probably pay your entire insurance bill with your coffee money.

WHen you are willing to pay more for something than it is worth you create higher prices for everyone. A pound of good coffee costs under $10 and will last at least a week for a typical coffee drinker. THats 2 freakin frappacinos at starbucks. DUMB

·
Registered
898 Posts
People that spend $5+ a day at starbucks are the problem. What kind of idiot would pay that much for a crappy latte on the regular. DO you guys ever add up how much you spend at starbucks a year? Try it out, you could probably pay your entire insurance bill with your coffee money.

WHen you are willing to pay more for something than it is worth you create higher prices for everyone. A pound of good coffee costs under $10 and will last at least a week for a typical coffee drinker. THats 2 freakin frappacinos at starbucks. DUMB
Unless you plan on making the coffee for us that we buy the grounds for and be our personal barista who cares what one does with their money. People can do what they want it's called free agency. People everyday pay for convenience. That burger you buy, you know you can get 2 pounds of ground beef and make your own? You know instead of taking UberX you could take UberPool?

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Unless you plan on making the coffee for us that we buy the grounds for and be our personal barista who cares what one does with their money. People can do what they want it's called free agency. People everyday pay for convenience. That burger you buy, you know you can get 2 pounds of ground beef and make your own? You know instead of taking UberX you could take UberPool?
I make way better coffee and burgers than some poor schlep making minimum wage while the corporation rakes in the cash. Cook for yourself a few nights a week, learn how to make a coffee, do something for yourself for once in your life, CONSUMER

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sounds like someone is bored so he's talking sh** on these forums... Also keep in mind that not everyone does Uber for their main gig. So I'm pretty sure there are a number of people who can afford a $5 latte because of the convenience of it. Yes, I could park my car but I choose to pay the valet because I can. Also it gives people jobs and I like that ^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts