Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride I got this morning, 1.5 surge - my first ever!
Got there and the lady (that barely spoke English) was going to LAX.. I dont have the LAX tags/sticker/unicorn horn so I had to turn it down..

Next ping came in, 15 mile ride also at 1.5x so that almost made up for it..

Then later in the morning got 2 more LAX pings that I had to cancel because i'm not good enough to drop off there.

You guys that don't have the LAX permit, do you turn down rides to LAX? Would you turn down a 75 mile, 1.5x surge ride there and risk the ticket ?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yes, I do Lyft as well..
Can you drop an Uber there even if you only have the Lyft permit?
How do you get the permit - and why is getting it from Lyft easier?
I don't know if you're allowed to drop uber with a Lyft. Write to Lyft support they'll send you the link for the "class" take the test and in a few days you'll have the permit.

·
Premium Member
10,833 Posts
I would have taken it. Although the ticket isn't worth it under any ... Funny I got a 1.5 from JWA today to Huntington B.

Just take the trade dress off the front and don't park in front of anyone looking like a LEO. And I always put the phone out of eye site when dropping them off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think you all need to check your fax the last time I spoke with Uber dropping off at LAX does not require a permit I may be wrong however I drop off at LAX several times every weekend and have never had an issue I do refused to pick up at LAX and will not wait around the airport area at all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea, I've dropped off a few at LAX and I got worried after reading this post. lol. I Just went through everything on uber posted and then even went through the LAX rules and regulations and it only states that you need permits if you are picking up from LAX.

Looks like its just a quick quiz though to get your LAX permit. But I have no interest in doing pickups there.

edit- Oh it looks like it won't let me post the links to the resources I used since I'm new. But its all on the losangeles ubermovement site.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I think you all need to check your fax the last time I spoke with Uber dropping off at LAX does not require a permit I may be wrong however I drop off at LAX several times every weekend and have never had an issue I do refused to pick up at LAX and will not wait around the airport area at all
Placard is required for drop offs.

Font Material property Screenshot Number Rectangle

http://ubermovement.com/ca-airports

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Yea, I've dropped off a few at LAX and I got worried after reading this post. lol. I Just went through everything on uber posted and then even went through the LAX rules and regulations and it only states that you need permits if you are picking up from LAX.

Looks like its just a quick quiz though to get your LAX permit. But I have no interest in doing pickups there.

edit- Oh it looks like it won't let me post the links to the resources I used since I'm new. But its all on the losangeles ubermovement site.
Here's the LAX airport page

http://losangeles.ubermovement.com/airports/

·
Registered
3 Posts
First ride I got this morning, 1.5 surge - my first ever!
Got there and the lady (that barely spoke English) was going to LAX.. I dont have the LAX tags/sticker/unicorn horn so I had to turn it down..

Next ping came in, 15 mile ride also at 1.5x so that almost made up for it..

Then later in the morning got 2 more LAX pings that I had to cancel because i'm not good enough to drop off there.

You guys that don't have the LAX permit, do you turn down rides to LAX? Would you turn down a 75 mile, 1.5x surge ride there and risk the ticket ?
damn did you consider stealth mode ?

·
Premium Member
10,833 Posts
Had one Saturday from Rowland Heights. First time user on Lyft, said he would tip me $20 through the app. He seemed ok but wondered later if he is not an uber reject. The trip was fine but at the end the hand shake, I should known after that, never got the tip. :mad: I so want to change his rating if I could. I don't think you can on Lyft. Went to Vegas, hope he lost his a$$.

ps, still no permit from uber so I took lyft's test last Sunday, hmm... wonder how long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts